First Hermes piece?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I think it's up to your style and what you wear daily. The Maxi Twillys really are great; the Chaine D'Ancre ring is a wonderful idea; and so is a Calvi or Ulysse. I think as a gift to myself I would choose something I would wear or use every day, so for me that would be the ring or useful small leather good in a great colour.
    Congratulations on your first H!

2. Thank you!

My decision could be between a bracelet and a maxi twilly....but...

-I've a very very thin wrist: circumference about 5.9 inch (15 cm) so it's difficult for me to find a bracelet that fits.
    The clic H, my first choice, in pm size (diameter 6 cm) is too big for me... I lose it :sad:
    Hapi and Behapi are very nice, but I wash my hand 1000 times a day so it could be a problem to wear a leather bracelet...

-The maxi twilly seems to be usable and gives a touch of "personality" at any outfit but at this moment there is not a maxi twilly that I like....

uufffff!!!
    Too much difficult! ;)

3. Then you should keep saving ..... and buy something only when you have decided ...

I would go for vintage CDC but I realize that's a very personal suggestion.

4. A first H and a new job--congrats! Whichever one you decide, it'll be so memorable!

Aside from the suggestions above, if you could stretch your budget a little or wait until a second paycheque ;), you could try one of these pendants. You would get a lot of wear out of it.

Cache Coeur pendant http://usa.hermes.com/jewelry/silver-jewelry/pendants/amulette-cache-coeur-pendant-in-silver-49614.html

Mini Clou de Selle http://usa.hermes.com/jewelry/silver-jewelry/pendants/pendentif-argent-amulette-clou-de-selle-3656.html

Can't wait to see your reveal!

5. What about this necklace piece? It's $385 and comes in a cube H too. Gold or Silver. So cute! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1392357389.350021.jpg

Also, no harm to other suggestion on pre-loved H, but in my opinion I would love to experience walking into an H boutique and purchasing something brand new, with the box, ribbons etc. Even if it's something small, it's just a wonderful feeling.

6. I tend to celebrate work achievements with H so I would understand if you do not want to wait to save but want to give yourself a present now to mark the occasion.

At a 15 cm wrist you can find H bracelet that fits - I have a 14 cm wrist and can wear an XS Rivale, XS KDT (some room in both but not too much), and S CDC. I have a Behapi that's a little big but wearable - but I have no idea what size it is as it was a gift and sadly I never wear it (don't like the H). So, you should be OK there.

7. You get the point! :smile: I really would to buy somenthing now, for this occasion.

8. For me, the best purchases I made as rewards to myself for work (that were not bags) were a ring, a bracelet, a Ulysse, and a maxi twilly. The first three you can wear/use every day and you can see them as you work :biggrin: I have a problem with the maxi twillys also (I only have one) as I don't really like any designs so far besides Cavalcadour and don't wear very bright scarves, so i see your issue.

If you wash your hands a lot (I do too and I use a lot of lotion) you just have to be ok with the idea that a leather bracelet may get some marks. A silver ring won't have that problem, just needs occasional polishing. Good luck and BTW congrats on the milestone!

9. I was in a similar situation and ended up with my preloved wallet, which turned out to be just the right thing for me. I personally would choose a preloved thing that's very useful over something straight from H that I wouldn't use daily. There are lots of Bearn wallets in your price range.

10. I would like a Herbag!

11. A new Herbag is out of my budget... but I could check for a preloved item...

12. My first H purchase was a Ulysses notebook. 5 years later I still have it in my bag everyday.

13. I second the suggestion of a scarf. If you're not set on buying something wearable, how about the Tarmac passport holder? I got one in a fun color to hold receipts and coupons in my bag. Or a coffee mug or breakfast cup/saucer set?

14. Um I thought a bearn costs more than a few hundred.

15. At the end I've made my first Hermes purchase!!!
    It's a pre-loved item in condition like new (:graucho: )
    It is arrived now, so when i'll be at home i'll take some pictures!
    Thank you to all for your suggestions.:smile: