First Hermes: Kelly? what size? Please help me decide

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi All, Hope this is the right place to ask but I am thinking of getting a Hermes bag. I currently use a chanel caviar jumbo for work (holds my phone, old fashioned diary, purse, lipstick, extra cloth bag to carry stuff, small pouch for essentail meds etc.) Could do with a little more space (eg to fit a light shawl or thin cardigan) but don't want a big bag. Also like to carry my bag on the shoulder rather than by hand. I am also 168cm tall and weigh around 65kg.

I like the kelly style and this site has been tremendously useful (Many Thanks!!) The 28 and 32 does not appear to be a lot different but the 35 looks quite different (taller?)

Given the above dscription of myself and use of bag could anyone help me decide on size for me?
    ps sounds silly but i haven't set foot in the Hermes shop yet as i heard these bags are hard to come by and i am scared i will buy irrationally if there is a bag available..hence better to ask your opinion..away from the shops. Many thanks in advance.

2. A 32 is quite cute! But u're pretty tall so I say u can get away with bigger sizes! Hope this helps :smile:
    Perhaps u can look at the "action" thread for real life pics of tpf-ers with their kellys!
    GOOD LUCK!

3. Hi, welcome to the forum, I would suggest you take a look at Kelly 35cm Retourne in Togo leather, if you want a more slouchier look, check out clemence leather too.

There are a lot of useful threads on this forum, use the search function, you'll be thrilled.

4. Thanks dollychic.;) will look at the action thread as suggested.

5. 35 retourne might be your solution for your everyday haul and your choice of color will determine degree of cuteness;)
    If you like sportier look, can consider a canvas strap as an additional purchase.
    Hope to see your purchase:P

6. I believe this is a 35 Etoupe worn with flap opened, a beautiful bag ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Thanks all..the reason why I am asking is there is a Hermes 35 cm Kelly "Bleu de Malte" PHW, Clemence leather on ebay and it looks really tempting!! Asking for US$8428. Still need to check particular bag for authenticity but seller has sold bags authenticated by TPF before. Is the price reasonable?

8. Luckylee, Not sure how much for a brand new one but i just got my brand new 32 for $7600 USD and yes a 35 CM will look great on you :smile:

9. i'm 1.7m and this is what a 35 sellier looks like...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Thanks for the very useful photo (with height info) streakfrite. Looks like a 35 would suit me too. :smile:

11. Wow..so much help..and IceEarl, thanks for the link to prices. :smile:

12. luckylee a 35 retourne kelly would be perfect for you, good luck with your first kelly! Looking forward to your reveal...

13. and this is what a 28 looks like on my frame...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Oh and I think there's a really useful thread somewhere - a tpfer modeled the different sizes of the Kelly... It's pretty good for reference...