First Hermes EVER vintage reveal! :D

kcarmona

Feb 21, 2013
Presenting my very first ever Hermes anything! I'm still VERY new to Hermes and there is so much to learn so if anyone can tell me anything else about this bag I'd love to know!

I've wanted a vintage Kelly forever and am so happy to have this beauty. She is in such beautiful condition for her age - which I believe is 1955?! The stamp is a K with no geometric shape.

Obviously as you can see she was purchased at Bonwit Teller.

So here she is! My Vintage 32cm Black Kelly with Brass Hardware from 1955!

My boyfriend (who is not into fashion AT ALL) saw how in love with her I was so he took me to Hermes Miami today and bought me this beautiful Twilly to give her some color :smile:

Can anyone tell from the pictures what type of leather it is? Like I said, I'm an Hermes noobie!

She will eventually need a spa reconditioning and a handle replacement but I've heard that can take a while and I wanted to enjoy her for a little before I sent her off.

Thanks so much! I'm super excited to share my first Hermes with you lovelies!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245216.972624.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245228.070743.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245236.974152.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245244.680671.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245255.021281.jpg

Here is a mod shot from today, without the twilly. I think the 32cm is perfect size for my frame (4'11, 90lbs).

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245379.217657.jpg

Also wanted to share the beautiful material she was wrapped in and the letter sent from the most lovely seller on eBay I've ever come across!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411245396.615299.jpg

Reactions: Jeny09
Congrats to your great find! I believe she is box and she has aged gracefully. She must have been much used and much loved from her previous owner(s). The h spa can do wonders. I think she will look 20 years younger after the spa. I wish there is such spa for human.

Congrats on a lovely vintage Kelly! She'll look even better after a spa but you're doing the right thing by enjoying her first. It can take a few months for a spa. She has a beautiful patina and can probably be box leather but I'll let the experts chime in since I don't own any box. If it's box then it's one of the prized Hermes leather that many tPFers here prefer. It scratches easily but the scratches can be blended away into a patina. And it's one of a few leather that can be spa'd beautifully. There are many threads here on box leather. Enjoy! :biggrin:

Gorgeous! I bought my first H bag two months ago - also a vintage 32 Kelly in black/GHW! Mine was 1975 and very good condition - yours looks at least as young! Must have been well taken care of.

Congratulations on your beautiful bag!!! It's stunning and looks amazing on you. I am 5'0 and have a black box Kelly in a size 35 but 32 is the perfect size in my opinion. This is indeed box leather with a lovely patina. Box Calf is one of the nicest H leaters in my opinion and can be refurbished beautifully when taken to the hermes spa. It's a great choice.

Note that box calf should not get wet or else it blisters. There is a DIY way to make them rain proof -- check out the "vintage nightmares" thread if you'd like to try it.

Congrats again and enjoy this beauty!

Congratulations on your beautiful bag!!! It's stunning and looks amazing on you. I am 5'0 and have a black box Kelly in a size 35 but 32 is the perfect size in my opinion. This is indeed box leather with a lovely patina. Box Calf is one of the nicest H leaters in my opinion and can be refurbished beautifully when taken to the hermes spa. It's a great choice.

Note that box calf should not get wet or else it blisters. There is a DIY way to make them rain proof -- check out the "vintage nightmares" thread if you'd like to try it.

Congrats again and enjoy this beauty!

Thanks for the tip! I really need to look into water proofing because I live in South Florida and it pours! Even today they had to give me a giant bag because I was worried about her getting wet.

Congrats on your Kelly! Those Bonwit Teller vintages are rare gems. Yours looks in great condition for its age!

As others have said, if you don't plan on getting the bag spa'd through Hermes for a while, check out Docride's Vintage Bag Nightmares thread. She has awesome techniques that will moisturize your bag and protect it from the elements.

Presenting my very first ever Hermes anything! I'm still VERY new to Hermes and there is so much to learn so if anyone can tell me anything else about this bag I'd love to know!

I've wanted a vintage Kelly forever and am so happy to have this beauty. She is in such beautiful condition for her age - which I believe is 1955?! The stamp is a K with no geometric shape.

Obviously as you can see she was purchased at Bonwit Teller.

So here she is! My Vintage 32cm Black Kelly with Brass Hardware from 1955!

My boyfriend (who is not into fashion AT ALL) saw how in love with her I was so he took me to Hermes Miami today and bought me this beautiful Twilly to give her some color :smile:

Can anyone tell from the pictures what type of leather it is? Like I said, I'm an Hermes noobie!

She will eventually need a spa reconditioning and a handle replacement but I've heard that can take a while and I wanted to enjoy her for a little before I sent her off.

Thanks so much! I'm super excited to share my first Hermes with you lovelies!

View attachment 2756732
View attachment 2756734
View attachment 2756735
View attachment 2756736
View attachment 2756737

Here is a mod shot from today, without the twilly. I think the 32cm is perfect size for my frame (4'11, 90lbs).

View attachment 2756742

Also wanted to share the beautiful material she was wrapped in and the letter sent from the most lovely seller on eBay I've ever come across!

View attachment 2756745
Congrats on your beautiful vintage kelly. You look gorgeous with her bag ❤️