First Handbag

MAGs

Emily :)
May 4, 2006
Hello Ladies! It's been months since I joined TPF. I've yet to really sit down and get to know some of you. :smile: I'm a new Mommy and between my little girl and trying hard to lose weight(i'm stuck right now. but 8 lbs. more to go), I really don't have much time to enjoy this forum yet...now's my chance hehehe Anyway, I was wondering what handbag you first bought for yourself.. designer or not. :smile: and why you bought it.

My first would be a coach handbag when I was 16. I really wanted a burberry one but my mom thought it was too much hehehehe

Ohhhh I can't remember my first handbag. My first "nice" bag was most likely a Coach. I can always remember LOVING bags from a very early age though. Congrats on the baby! :cutesy:

Welcome MAGs! I'm a new mom too with a 9mos old daughter. Don't get me started on the baby weight/weight loss thing. If I spent as much time exercising as I did lurking around tPF, I'd probably be a size 0 by now. LOL.

I don't remember my first bag but I remember my first designer bag... it was an LV monogram canvas pochette. It was very exciting as it was my first time in an LV boutique!

Hi and welcome! I can't recall the first bag I bought myself. Some kind of wicker bag in Florida, where I went to h.s. The first bag with a "name" was a Stone Mountain bag--lots of pockets, zippers inside and dividers--I was forever looking in the wrong spot for something. You can have too many compartments!

Did you ever get a Burberry?

My first nice handbag that I bought for myself was a Coach bag that I bought when I graduated nursing school 3 years ago. It was my graduation present to myself. I was almost reluctant to spend that much money on a bag. I never would have thought that I'd be so into Louis Vuitton and Chanel (and willing to pay that much money) only a few years later.

My first bag was a Marc Jacobs Zoe, which I still have. Congrats, I am a (somewhat) new mom too! I have a 13 month old daughter. Don't worry, you will lose the weight. I finally, finally, just lost the last 7 pounds within the last few months (but I hardly ever exercise, so maybe that's why it took so long :shame: ).

My first designer handbag was a Fendi baguette, black with black beading.
I don't remember my first handbag either, but I think I was in 6th or 7th grade, I am sure it wasn't remarkable.
In high school, I had a burgandy red clutch bag.