First Handbag

1. Hello Ladies! It's been months since I joined TPF. I've yet to really sit down and get to know some of you. :smile: I'm a new Mommy and between my little girl and trying hard to lose weight(i'm stuck right now. but 8 lbs. more to go), I really don't have much time to enjoy this forum yet...now's my chance hehehe Anyway, I was wondering what handbag you first bought for yourself.. designer or not. :smile: and why you bought it.

My first would be a coach handbag when I was 16. I really wanted a burberry one but my mom thought it was too much hehehehe

2. Ohhhh I can't remember my first handbag. My first "nice" bag was most likely a Coach. I can always remember LOVING bags from a very early age though. Congrats on the baby! :cutesy:

3. Welcome and congrats on the baby!! My first purse was a Coach bag in 7th grade! He he.. and I just continued from there!

4. Thanks Ladies... :smile:

5. Welcome MAGs! I'm a new mom too with a 9mos old daughter. Don't get me started on the baby weight/weight loss thing. If I spent as much time exercising as I did lurking around tPF, I'd probably be a size 0 by now. LOL.

I don't remember my first bag but I remember my first designer bag... it was an LV monogram canvas pochette. It was very exciting as it was my first time in an LV boutique!

6. Hi and welcome! I can't recall the first bag I bought myself. Some kind of wicker bag in Florida, where I went to h.s. The first bag with a "name" was a Stone Mountain bag--lots of pockets, zippers inside and dividers--I was forever looking in the wrong spot for something. You can have too many compartments!

Did you ever get a Burberry?

7. boxermom Yes, i did! Freshman year in college heheheheh.

bleeaptn I have an 8 month old :smile:

8. mine was a LV monogram speedy 30 - it was £145 in 1988. Now they are £310!

9. Welcome!!!:flowers:
    mine was a dooney after college graduation.

10. my FIRST special bag was... a louis vuitton papillon 19... i was 17 years old :P

11. My first nice handbag that I bought for myself was a Coach bag that I bought when I graduated nursing school 3 years ago. It was my graduation present to myself. I was almost reluctant to spend that much money on a bag. I never would have thought that I'd be so into Louis Vuitton and Chanel (and willing to pay that much money) only a few years later.

12. Welcome! Mine was a Coach a few years back.

13. My first bag was a Marc Jacobs Zoe, which I still have. Congrats, I am a (somewhat) new mom too! I have a 13 month old daughter. Don't worry, you will lose the weight. I finally, finally, just lost the last 7 pounds within the last few months (but I hardly ever exercise, so maybe that's why it took so long :shame: ).

14. My first designer handbag was a Fendi baguette, black with black beading.
    I don't remember my first handbag either, but I think I was in 6th or 7th grade, I am sure it wasn't remarkable.
    In high school, I had a burgandy red clutch bag.

15. Welcome to tPF! My first $$ bag was a tiny black leather Coach, purchased at Nordstrom's. I thought ~$200 was a LOT of money to spend on a purse! Little did I know...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice