First Gucci Purchase: Soho Disco- Is it worth it?

christya

Jan 21, 2018
Hello everyone!
So I'm hoping to purchase my first new handbag! *que the excited squeals* :yahoo: I've previously purchased pre-loved bags online but have always been too scared to pull the trigger on a new one- mostly because of the full price tag that comes with it.
I've had a love affair with the Gucci Disco bag for years but again- have never pulled the trigger. I plan on visiting the Gucci store in Dallas in September in hopes that by then I'll be positive it's the right purchase. I've already started saving up as I'm still a college student that works to pay for their own tuition, which adds to the question of, "Should I purchase such an expensive bag?".
Which brings me to the real question; for those owners- was this bag worth it for you? Has it been a positive long term investment for you? Is there anything you dislike about the bag? Do you think it's worth $1,190? Or does anyone have any ways of getting it cheaper (hopeful wishing)? Is there any different bags you'd recommend for someone looking into their first new bag purchase?
I love the bag so much, but since it's gone above $1,000 in price now, I can't help but contemplate if it's the right thing to do or if it's worth the price.. :hrmm:

Reactions: arliegirl
I am on the same page! I tried the black and rose beige in store and I prefer the beige one. I know that hawaii Gucci store offers a 20% off. I am going to honolulu the next Month and I called the Gucci store for the discount information. I think it is a really cute everyday bag .

Reactions: christya
I am on the same page! I tried the black and rose beige in store and I prefer the beige one. I know that hawaii Gucci store offers a 20% off. I am going to honolulu the next Month and I called the Gucci store for the discount information. I think it is a really cute everyday bag .
Oh wow! I didn’t know that. Do you know why Hawaii does that? That’s a great deal! Congrats!

I don't know why but I heard from my friends that Hawaii has a discount on selected luxury brands. which color are you interested in? I think both the black and rose beige will hardly be on sale in department stores.
Well that’s really cool! Enjoy your bag for me lol. And I’m looking at the black. Although I don’t live anywhere close to a Gucci or department store that carries them sadly. So I’ll be seeing it in person for the first time in September. Do you happen to know if I need to maybe contact the Gucci store ahead of time to be sure they’ll have the bag in store when I get there? I’m afraid I’ll get there and they won’t have it, but I don’t know how much and of what designer stores like Gucci keep in stock at their locations.

I have this bag in the rose beige and love it. It's super easy to wear and actually holds a lot. I have not had any issue with it being a light color. As for your question...it made me smile. My very first designer handbag was a Gucci camera bag back in the *cough* 1980s when I was a college student. :smile: It was $300 although it seemed like a zillion but I loved that bag and used it for years. It actually looked very similar to the current Ophidia bag although it was more square than curved at top. Only you can say whether you'll love the bag but it was my entry into the slippery designer bag slope.

I have this bag in the rose beige and love it. It's super easy to wear and actually holds a lot. I have not had any issue with it being a light color. As for your question...it made me smile. My very first designer handbag was a Gucci camera bag back in the *cough* 1980s when I was a college student. :smile: It was $300 although it seemed like a zillion but I loved that bag and used it for years. It actually looked very similar to the current Ophidia bag although it was more square than curved at top. Only you can say whether you'll love the bag but it was my entry into the slippery designer bag slope.

Oh I love this! Thank you for sharing your experience, it’s so fun hearing about other’s first bag stories!
And thank you for the advice, I appreciate it hun. [emoji846]

For me, without a doubt, the Soho Disco has been an extremely good purchase and I couldn't be happier with this bag! I purchased my first Disco maybe 3 or 4 years ago in the metallic platinum color, not realizing at the time just how fabulous of a bag it would be for me. I have used it for dressy occasions, casual occasions, weddings, running errands, going to Disneyland, shopping, traveling... it has been the bag that I grab for almost any occasion and it somehow always works. It fits SO much more than you expect! It's truly amazing in that way. And it's so effortless, lightweight and easy to carry. To top it off, the quality is amazing. I have used and abused my Disco and it's still looking pretty fantastic! I loved my metallic Disco so much that last year I purchased another Disco in black. This is the first and only bag that I've ever purchased two of, because it's so versatile and I love it so much. I think it's absolutely worth the cost. I stand behind this bag 100%.

Hello everyone!
So I'm hoping to purchase my first new handbag! *que the excited squeals* :yahoo: I've previously purchased pre-loved bags online but have always been too scared to pull the trigger on a new one- mostly because of the full price tag that comes with it.
I've had a love affair with the Gucci Disco bag for years but again- have never pulled the trigger. I plan on visiting the Gucci store in Dallas in September in hopes that by then I'll be positive it's the right purchase. I've already started saving up as I'm still a college student that works to pay for their own tuition, which adds to the question of, "Should I purchase such an expensive bag?".
Which brings me to the real question; for those owners- was this bag worth it for you? Has it been a positive long term investment for you? Is there anything you dislike about the bag? Do you think it's worth $1,190? Or does anyone have any ways of getting it cheaper (hopeful wishing)? Is there any different bags you'd recommend for someone looking into their first new bag purchase?
I love the bag so much, but since it's gone above $1,000 in price now, I can't help but contemplate if it's the right thing to do or if it's worth the price.. :hrmm:
Did u end up getting the bag? I love the disco. I bought the black and the beige and I can say for sure it is my most used bags besides my speedy 30 b. Hope u got it. You will not regret it

Ive read that it doesn't hold up very great? Or is this one of those cases when some find a bags ageing charming while others get disappointed?
I have had mine for two years and I use it mostly on the weekends... and sometimes on the week but i clean it, condition it and stuff it with the original paper that came with it and this is what it looks like today

Attachments

• 3BC87A4F-7474-49CA-BA43-95730126C8AA.jpeg
    3BC87A4F-7474-49CA-BA43-95730126C8AA.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2,158
  • 6F764511-D716-4F5B-8939-5AA15C92F5BC.jpeg
    6F764511-D716-4F5B-8939-5AA15C92F5BC.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,163
I have had mine for two years and I use it mostly on the weekends... and sometimes on the week but i clean it, condition it and stuff it with the original paper that came with it and this is what it looks like today

Omg you are not for real? I admire you for doing all that! I need to start taking better care of my bags! I dont even know what condition it means?

Anyway, your bag looks perfect... obviously it is possible to keep the bag in greaty condition for a long time! (Even if your routine sounds like way more than I would be able to keep up with myself, haha)

Thanks for the picture!