First dooney!?!

First, happy Mother's Day !
I was shopping in my dooney room and found my very first dooney! It's from Qvc and I still love the color. Does anyone else have their first dooney?View attachment 3698983

What an awesome first Dooney to have!!! My first Dooney was a pink doodle double pocket shoulder bag and I LOVED it!!!!! My dad bought it for me for my birthday. I no longer have her, I did learn my lesson though as I have kept all of my other dooneys that have sentimental value to me. And I did have a double pocket satchel in pink and loved her too, but I sold her.

It was about to be the City Barlow in Ice Blue - hubby did good and ordered it for my birthday as soon as I mentioned it.

Alas, his order has been in a backorder status for a month, it looks like it's just not meant to be.

I've been obsessively watching QVC and checking online in the hopes it will show up somewhere. First Dooney will have to wait for some pretty new colors to come out, I've decided that is the only handbag for me.

It was about to be the City Barlow in Ice Blue - hubby did good and ordered it for my birthday as soon as I mentioned it.

Alas, his order has been in a backorder status for a month, it looks like it's just not meant to be.

I've been obsessively watching QVC and checking online in the hopes it will show up somewhere. First Dooney will have to wait for some pretty new colors to come out, I've decided that is the only handbag for me.
GDP: you can check with the Dooney outlets (by phone if you don't live near any of them). That's were I got my ice blue city barlow.... but they only had the large at that time. If you do order from one of the Dooney outlets just be sure to ask them to check the bag over carefully for you and let you know of any defects. They can also send you pictures via email. Then be sure you understand the return policy for the specific bag you order. If you find what you like and are comfortable, then you can usually get a very good deal. I won't order any final sale items by phone (usually the clearance items) and I am very careful about most items which are store credit only for returns. But I do take a chance sometimes, after careful consultation with the sales rep, and most of the time I'm delighted. It's not the best way to shop if you are not sure the handbag is right for you... in those cases you are better off with places that have easier and more flexible return policies. Another source is the dooney outlet online...ILoveDooney.

You are my new favorite person. I didn't realize I could call the outlets - but I have been checking I Love Dooney every few days.

Thank you!!
You are welcome. All the ladies on this forum are good at sharing good info, and also enabling more handbag purchases. Keep your credit cards hidden.... handbags can become an obsession....especially when you find great prices on great bags. :smile: