First Dior - Lady Dior?

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
I think I’m going to go with the Lady Dior as my next bag purchase. Personalizing it with my name totally got me.
Should I go with this blush color or look for the Fard color? Is the lamb skin easy to maintain? I wear dark colors like black a lot and am scared of color transfer. But, I like the pop of nude against dark colors too. I want a cute nude like bag.

I’m 5’2. Should I get a size small?

Should I get a Twilly? Suggestions? does the Twilly keep the foundation hand stains away? Hehe.

Thanks for all your help!

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I have the matte fard LD and it looks so nice and chic with black/dark clothing. I’ve had it for nearly a year and no issues with color transfer or makeup stains so far but i do baby it a bit. plus I‘ve only worn it a handful of times since the pandemic.

I like the medium size personally but you can’t go wrong with either.

Congrats on getting your first Dior!

I’ve had my lambskin lady in red for almost 2 years and no issues with color transfer...it’s worn so well. It’s in amazing shape with almost no signs of wear. I also prefer the medium size but if the small works for you, go for it. Twillies are also fun so if you find one you like that works with your bag, you should get it.

Hi hun~ My thoughts: The lady Dior is a timeless piece so it is the least trendy and most iconic bag in Dior. If it makes your heart sing, get it sooner than later because the price will keep going up. As per the colour, I have it in fard and it is a great neutral feminine bag, but i love the grey too. About the size, mini if you want a cute bag or if you have many events or party a lot. Small (ABC) if you want to personalize it and you prefer a feminine cute and lighter handbag, but you dont carry too much and you dont mind having to discharge all your items out in order to get to the item at the bottom of the bag (mine is in size small so I talk per experience). The medium is the iconic size and tbh the size that fits more. I would have gone for the medium IF it wasnt as heavy. If you prefer lighter bags, go for the small as I did, if you dont mind heavy bags (maybe you commute by car or you workout a lot lol) then go for the medium. The large is more of a work bag if you need to carry files and such bulkier items. As per the leather, it is lamb so you have to take care of it. If you dont use a twilly, the handles will darken so i would protect them or choose a darker colour if you dislike twillies. You dont need a Dior Twilly, even Hermes twillies are cheaper than Dior Mitzah, but i loved the Dior nude pattern called Toile de Jouy so I splurged in one lol For me this bag is not a daily bag, but a bag i carry when i want to feel cute/feminine or when i want to add a romantic item into my more edgy grungy look (thick sweater, skinny jeans, chunky boots). Hope this helps ~

I just got unboxed my abcdior today in the color fard and I am in love! I am about 5’1.5 and it think it’s a great size. I adjusted the strap to the smallest setting and it hits me at a pretty ok spot. A little shorter would be perfect tho.
093C3E71-90EA-44E6-84E1-59403819413C.jpegB9598693-89E4-4CD5-B30B-8DA91AD2069F.jpegB571FCE7-4761-4190-969C-EB649BC23DBC.jpeg

However, I noticed that on the side of the bag there is a loose stitching. It looks like the thread had popped off. You can see the indent on the lamb skin where the thread was supposed to be. Am I being dramatic or should I take it back to the boutique. I am afraid this loose thread can cause problems in the future. Can someone please help me D6AE0F5F-ED29-4DD8-97BA-39F3FA2B2F62.jpeg1620033E-C361-4E6B-B5AB-E4B17D873A98.jpegA49136F1-A021-4206-8DFF-D8CC78FD494E.jpeg

I just got unboxed my abcdior today in the color fard and I am in love! I am about 5’1.5 and it think it’s a great size. I adjusted the strap to the smallest setting and it hits me at a pretty ok spot. A little shorter would be perfect tho.
View attachment 4938780View attachment 4938781View attachment 4938782

However, I noticed that on the side of the bag there is a loose stitching. It looks like the thread had popped off. You can see the indent on the lamb skin where the thread was supposed to be. Am I being dramatic or should I take it back to the boutique. I am afraid this loose thread can cause problems in the future. Can someone please help me View attachment 4938789View attachment 4938791View attachment 4938792

do you mind sharing a picture of the tag/code? i'm still confused about blush vs. fard. also, are you in the US and if so, which boutique did you get the fard? stunning bag!