First Dior! Help me decide!

amoree

O.G.
Nov 24, 2009
I'm looking to purchasing my very first Dior bag. I think I'm set on the Lady Dior in Medium but I can't decide between black lambskin or black patent.

I tried on the lambskin but didn't get to see the patent. I managed to fit everything I had with me that I carried in my LV Speedy 30. I'm concerned about the zip opening. Is it tighter squeeze on the patent?

I just bought lady dior in medium lambskin. I initially got the patent but changed my mind cuz I didn't like the tight zipper. Patent is also heavier and doesn't sit well on my shoulder. Lambskin is light and the quilting is so much more puffy which I like.

I have a large lady Dior in lamb skin. You need to ask your SA about refurbishing. My DH was told that it isn't possible to refurbish patent. This was 3 years ago so possibly this is non reliable information.
As far as size goes, I felt the medium was too small. The large is much easier to pull things out of.
Good luck!! Regardless, the Lady is a gorgeous bag!!

Thanks for your replies! Yes my SA told me about the refurbishment which I think is amazing that they offer that service.
I really love the idea of the two tone and tri colour bags too but the colours this season are too light. I'd be so worried getting it stained.

I have chocolate brown. I would love a hot pink or something with a major "wow" factor for my next lady. The chocolate is divine though and not often seen in the states. Good luck!

I vote for the lambskin. It just looks amazing in lambskin, and you can refurbish it if it starts to show wear. You can't do that for patent, although patent will be more scratch resistant.

I love the lambskin, the leather is so nice and puffy.

I didn't realise they did refurbishment on bags, I have an old pink romantique trotter from years ago and the handles are losing its colour.

I think I'm leaning towards the lambskin.

Does anyone know if the colour varies in the black lambskin.

I was looking at a black with SHW and black with GHW side by side and notice that one looked richer in black and smoother than the other. The looked dry and more of an off black. Is that unusual?

I think I'm leaning towards the lambskin.

Does anyone know if the colour varies in the black lambskin.

I was looking at a black with SHW and black with GHW side by side and notice that one looked richer in black and smoother than the other. The looked dry and more of an off black. Is that unusual?

Which one looked better?