First designer work bag - SDJ small vs micro luggage vs 2jours petite

minx891

Apr 24, 2015
Been working for a few years in the finance field and finally started a client facing-role. The clients I meet are upper middle class ( and I hope to get more wealthy ones) and I feel like I should upgrade my work bag. I don't know if its just in my head but i feel like i should at least look the part. First impressions matter right?

If it helps, the people i meet more often than not wear rolexes , APs (men) and carry at a minimum LV (women). My senior colleagues ( ~ 10 years senior) carry Chanel GSTs, Pradas, LVs you get the picture. I am in my early 30s.

I carry an agenda, ipad and various other small things to work. I bring thin folders as well but I am ok carrying them by hand. I drive to work. As this will be a work bag, I have decided to go preloved and my choices and comments are.

SDJ small - I really liked the old design, not too sure on the new ones. Heard they are heavy. Have not seen them in person.

Micro luggage - I've liked it since the day it came out years ago. I am worried if it will look dated. Also, no shoulder strap. I am more of a arm or hand carry person but the option would be nice i guess.

2jours petite - Aesthetically, i like this best. I just wish that was a size in between the petite and the medium i think. The medium looks too bulky but the petite seems tiny!

I currently carry a longchamp medium tote to work and i hate that it has no structure and makes me look unpolished.

Does anyone use any of the above 3 to work? Please help!

I really like the SDJ and that one is high on my list. I like the softer leather which in my eyes makes it more versatile.

I don’t know about the Luggage. I think it is pretty, but I don’t know where you live, but for me I got hand carry bags when I drove to work. Then I started taking transit and it was too annoying. It also makes it impractical if you are out all day. Or if you go to a trade show. Or need to carry a stack of papers after a meeting or something. I vote more carrying options.

No clue on the 2jours.

I like the idea of an SDJ for work. It's very high quality and looks very professional. Will complete any outfit for sure!
I may also be biased since I carry an SDJ to work...but I have a medium SDJ and I don't think it's too heavy for daily use.

Reactions: minx891
out of the three, i vote for sdj. Its chic and minimalist design makes it a perfect work bag. Have you considered Prada Double Bag? it is nicer than saffiano lux tote in my opinion and it has straps too.

originalp.jpg original.jpg

Reactions: minx891
@jade Good points! I think the deal breaker with the SDJ would be if it could fit A4 papers.

@c.lv__cats Which SDJ do you have? Old or new leather. If you have the old and dont think its heavy, that is good news!

@nanads this is the only bag that I went to see in-store ! There's a prada store near where i live. I am actually in love with but WHY DOES IT COST SO MUCH? Its the plainest bag of all! I can't justify the price vs plain-ness which is why it is not on the list. Even preloved ones are pricey.

Reactions: saundersceo