First day with new bag: what a disaster!

brett8x6

Sep 8, 2019
So how'd I do in Handbag 101 this morning while running errands: a big F!

I was unorganized, didn't know where anything was. Left half my money at home (fortunately I had my debit card). In part because I was still relying on my pockets like a lot of guys do, a leftover habit from my old bag, which was too small. So I spent more time rummaging through pockets for keys, change, etc. The Cassie is my first official medium handbag, no longer am I carrying a wallet with a strap (Coach Sadie). Thus I should not be putting anything in a pocket and my garments should be grateful, no more unsightly overstuffed pockets, no more rips and holes.

If I had put everything in my beautiful functional Cassie, there would not have been an issue. But my unboxing took longer than expected yesterday. I was still experimenting with what fit when I was called to the living room for "family time". Don't they know I have more important things to do?! LOL.

So from now on I go all the way. No more pockets. I think it will make life far easier.

You are hilarious. I love reading your posts! Sorry it was a disaster. Going from pockets to purse is a big step. However, the learning curve will be short and the transition will be complete in a couple of days. Have fun on your handbag discovery journey!

Reactions: RT1 and ODEDIHAIMS
So how'd I do in Handbag 101 this morning while running errands: a big F!

I was unorganized, didn't know where anything was. Left half my money at home (fortunately I had my debit card). In part because I was still relying on my pockets like a lot of guys do, a leftover habit from my old bag, which was too small. So I spent more time rummaging through pockets for keys, change, etc. The Cassie is my first official medium handbag, no longer am I carrying a wallet with a strap (Coach Sadie). Thus I should not be putting anything in a pocket and my garments should be grateful, no more unsightly overstuffed pockets, no more rips and holes.

If I had put everything in my beautiful functional Cassie, there would not have been an issue. But my unboxing took longer than expected yesterday. I was still experimenting with what fit when I was called to the living room for "family time". Don't they know I have more important things to do?! LOL.

So from now on I go all the way. No more pockets. I think it will make life far easier.
As your collection grows (and it will!) start thinking small bags within your bag to keep things organized. You may not need to if you stay with small/medium bags but if they get much larger it really helps. I use small make up bags, coin pouches, etc. to keep my incidentals together in one place. The stuff I use day to day not so much but bandaids, eye drops, rescue remedy, stuff like that, all go into a small bag so I can just grab that instead of rooting around.

Reactions: RT1