First Date Make-up?

kristag0619

Shopaholic
Jul 27, 2008
I recently came across this post from Eflirt Expert which offers suggestions for the the best date night make-up and it totally led me to wonder what other women thought about first impressions and make-up picks.

I'm definitely kind of boring in this department as I don't change my look too drastically from day to night. My go-to's are always stila tinted moisturizer with BareMinerals warmth bronzer, a dash of Nars Orgasm blush (agree with the expert on that one!) and tons of mascara. I'm not big on eyeliners or any sort of smokey eye, though it's something I'd like to perfect.

What about you? What are your first date go-to's?

I actually prefer something more natural, more of just 'beautifying' makeup than fun/bright/dramatic makeup. something quite like makeupbytiffanyd's flirty first date makeup tutorial (sp?)

I am all about accentuating but not masking on a first date. I never do anything like a smokey eye on a first date because my goal is to look like the best version of myself.

I think it's super important to "dress up as ourselves," especially on a first date and not go too OTT or experiment with anything dramatically different. You might be self conscious wondering if your makeup is creasing or running, for example, and it will come across as being nervous to your date.

Just go with what is tried and true for you...and have fun on your date! :tup:

First date makeup should be really low maintenace. It shouldnt take more than 5-7 min to do. All it takes is tinted moisturizer, maybe loose powerder, concealer, mascara and a neutral lip to highlight your natural beauty :smile: