First Collier de Chien bracelet purchase

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all! I am preparing o buy my first Collier de Chien bracelet (so excited!!!). However I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which color to get: either the black with PHW or the new Rubis with PHW. I have somewhat fair skin so I think that the Rubis looks a bit softer, but I wonder if 1) the black will go with more and 2) there won't be any issues with stains if I get black (see my post about my stain to my Kelly Dog!).

I currently have a black/gold and fauve/gold Kelly Dog.

What do you suggest?? Any good ways I can protect the Rubis from stains (can I use a stain protector?) or is black the better bet?

2. I have fair skin too and went in to buy a brown CDC with GH, but tried on the rubis and forgot the brown one until I was leaving the store wearing the rubis :P

3. Yes the Rubis is such a beautiful color! My only concern is that it would show stains whereas the black won't. Since I just got a bad stain on my fauve kelly dog I am now leaning towards the black...does anyone do anything to protect their leather bracelets? What do you use?