First Coach, What to get?

bella787

Sep 22, 2006
I just turned 17, and got some extra money that I wasnt expecting, so I've decided to splurge and get myself a Coach bag. I've never really been a purse girl, but I've always lusted after a Carly, or a Swingpack. I'm in Vancouver, but will be going down to the Seattle Premium Outlets and Alderwood Mall for the weekend of the 21st, and am thinking of getting my first Coach bag. Does anyone happen to know of anywhere I might be able to find any of these bags (I know they're all a bit older, Maybe at the outlets?):

e26a_1.JPG

227141017_tp.jpg

CoachStripeSwingKhakiPlumMain.jpg

(Images from Ebay) Not limiting myself to these choices, other suggestions would be great! I do love the Teal and the Plum color though, or something in a lighter/lime green would be great too. Im not really sure what price range for either of these bags I should be expecting, but I'd like to stay under $300 if possible.

Oh, and one more thing, Will I still be able to find the Coach Valentines Day scarf print wristlet, as I'll be going down a week after Valentines Day? I've fallen in love with it and would love to get one. TIA!

Last edited:
Definitely get a Carly - they are at some of the outlets now but only in leather or the plainer colors. I know the plum Carlys are at outlets for around $180? I think?

The Valentine's day stuff might be there, but it all depends on your luck.

i just saw the first one at my outlets on SAt! they also have the purple one as well and a bunch of sateen ones!
great choice of bag that was my first bag and i love it and plan on getting a few different colors!

With your price range, I'm sure you'll be able to find something wonderful at the Outlet. Hopefully they'll have a Carly or swingpack that's perfect. Be sure to post a reveal when you get back!!! :yes:

Welcome to tPF! :welcome2:

Bella, Here's a thread from someone who just got two Carlys at the Outlet. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-birthday-presents-421744.html If you're really interested, you could call the Seattle outlet and see if they have a Carly. Then they could do a charge hold for you! They would charge a credit card for the cost of the bag, and then when you pick up the bag, you must have the credit card with you. If you don't personally have a credit card, you could pick up one of those cards that you add cash to and use that. Good luck. :smile:

i just saw the first one at my outlets on SAt! they also have the purple one as well and a bunch of sateen ones!
great choice of bag that was my first bag and i love it and plan on getting a few different colors!

Do you happen to remember how much they were when you saw them, and if they were the large or the medium sized ones?

And thanks for the welcome, I already feel a new addiction coming on! :smile:

Bella, Here's a thread from someone who just got two Carlys at the Outlet. http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-birthday-presents-421744.html If you're really interested, you could call the Seattle outlet and see if they have a Carly. Then they could do a charge hold for you! They would charge a credit card for the cost of the bag, and then when you pick up the bag, you must have the credit card with you. If you don't personally have a credit card, you could pick up one of those cards that you add cash to and use that. Good luck. :smile:

Oh, Thanks! I was thinking of calling them, but I now I will for sure, If I do a charge hold, Is there a time limit they give to go pick it up? I wont be down there for just under 2 weeks. Thanks!

Ditto on the Carlys at the outlet, they have lots of signature as well as leather ones. Also, I don't recall seeing the Patent Stripe Swingpack but they do have A LOT of patent stripe bags in different styles and colors at the outlet for 50% off! You should definitely be able to find some nice items!