First Classic Flap - Rose Clair or Beige?

Which color for first classic flap?

• Total voters

platanoparty

Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was hoping to buy my first classic flap and had the option of either a beige or rose clair. Would just be curious what you all would choose as your very first :noworry:
I have 3 other bags in my collection.
  1. Chanel Mini Square in black with LGHW (my precious gem)
  2. Prada Saffiano executive tote in petal pink (was once my work bag)
  3. Dooney & Bourke red cross body (not sure the name, this is similar in shape to LV Alma) Everyday bag for errands since I WFH
If my wardrobe should be taken into account, my general color palette is on the lighter side with a lot of creams, soft pink/taupe, tan, lavender and red with some blues and blacks. I have included some photos from Instagram for reference.
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 11.59.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-27 at 11.58.54 AM.png

Thank you so much for advice/voting!

Reactions: Namwan-
This is a hard decision as both are so beautiful and good neutrals. If I could pick, I'd pick the rose clair as it is a nice soft pink that will pair well with a lot of other colors. Also, i would see if this is the rose color you really love or you see yourself with a different hue of pink. Good luck and can't wait to hear what you decide on!

This IS a hard decision but if i had to pick.
I’d say the Rose Clair.
Yes, the beige can go with almost everything but its boring.
Give it some actual color away from the neutrals if you are going to go with something classic so its not as boring plus the color is very cute.

In the minority but I'm going to say beige because beige is such a classic Chanel colour, and Chanel does Beige Clair so well, especially with gold hardware.

Rose Clair is beautiful but if you wanted a true classic then beige all the way.

Reactions: fdc and Mariapia
Rose Clair does not come by every year. Beige is available all the time just like black. Depends on what clothing you wear and styling. Which color you see yourself using more...I would say rose Clair but I personally do not like either color and have blue, grey, red...

To me, this bag is a classic whichever color you choose. Beige will always be around. I’m not a huge pink bag fan, but the Rose Clair is stunning and gets my vote. :smile:

Thank you all so much for your feedback! Reviewing the votes, it’s actually pretty close, but I think I will wait for a rose Clair classic flap. I think it will be a perfect addition to my wardrobe and the caviar is appealing as all my Chanel items (SLG plus mini square). I’m on one reserve list so let’s see if I actually get it, that’s my big concern :hrmm: for beige, one day I think I’d prefer it in a Diana bag.

again, thank you all so much for voting and sharing your insights:heart: