First Chloe purchase help?

I have the mousse pocket in medium and it's a great size for me. I also have the whiskey satchel. In all honesty, I don't think you can go wrong with either sizes. They are certainly versatile. Personally, I feel the pocket is more casual than the satchel. I would definitely check it out in rl and see which one works for you. After that, I would post pics of your beautiful new purchase! Congrats in advance! ;)

luvshopping90 said:
I just bought my first Chloe about a week ago and got the same bag in Chocolate. I preferred the darker color and after trying on both bags (the satchel and the paddington) I went with the satchel. I liked that it had more space and that the straps fit over my shoulder much better. I also felt that it hung better on me. I guess its a personal preferance, but I was able to resist until they came out with this bag, but it did me in!

BTW, I just noticed you are in Seattle, that is where I had the opportunity to fondle these bags for the first time! Most of the Nordstroms in the area carry them and I think they are leaning towards the whiskey, tan, and chocolate colors. Hubby is working in Bellvue, WA for awhile and we visited him often. I just LOVE the mall in Bellvue!!

Hey luvshopping, thanks for the info! I can't wait to try it on and yeah, I am leaning toward chocolate but we'll see what happens. I don't know why I can't make up my mind on this one!

Glad you like Bellevue Square! Yeah, Nordstroms is carrying these but I went online with BG to save that lovely 8.8% sales tax :throwup: .

Pursegrrl, I always feel like I am cheating a bit on the home town store when I do that but I love saving the 8.8% !!
Please show pics when it arrives, I saw these at Bellevue and was so tempted.

NWpurselover said:
Pursegrrl, I always feel like I am cheating a bit on the home town store when I do that but I love saving the 8.8% !!
Please show pics when it arrives, I saw these at Bellevue and was so tempted.

Yeah, I feel that way too...until I remember how much I got at Anniversary Sale :lol: .

I will post pix - should be here in a few days! :graucho:

Pursegrrl said:
Yeah, I feel that way too...until I remember how much I got at Anniversary Sale :lol: .

I will post pix - should be here in a few days! :graucho:

Agree ! i got my first Betty in nordstrom Bellevue too, they got a lot of selection over there compare with the one in downtown, but sometime i do order it through BG and save me 8.8% tax. I want to buy another padd too , i got a grey betty, noir padd medium. I am thinking to get another medium padd or front pocket padd any advice ? I am thinking of color in whiskey, off white or the rouge red that is coming this season .

OK, the conclusion of this part of the story...
...It came today. it is so gorgeous, leather so yummy, padlock TDF :graucho: .

But I'm going to return it. For this amount of $$ the color was too orange-y and it wouldn't coordinate with as much of my wardrobe as I'd want it to. So, the search for black or choco resumes! Thank goodness for easy returns. Sorry, Chloe (and BG!). I'll find my first one someday soon I hope :girlsigh: .

thanks, everyone for the advice!

Pursegrrl said:
OK, the conclusion of this part of the story...
...It came today. it is so gorgeous, leather so yummy, padlock TDF :graucho: .

But I'm going to return it. For this amount of $$ the color was too orange-y and it wouldn't coordinate with as much of my wardrobe as I'd want it to. So, the search for black or choco resumes! Thank goodness for easy returns. Sorry, Chloe (and BG!). I'll find my first one someday soon I hope :girlsigh: .

thanks, everyone for the advice!

I think black or choco can go with more clothes too and can't get anything wrong with those 2 colors for this amount of money, personally i found tan is too orange too, at first i want to get tan or whiskey but finally bought a black one. Hope u find what u want soon !

I wasn't as thrilled with the tan color as I was the chocolate. Maybe its because I have quite a bit LV with the light color leather trim, I don't know, I just felt I needed a darker color. I am so drawn to the deeper colors and the chocolate is beautiful, I highly recommend it!

Wow! So many people that visit the Bellevue Mall!! We have Nordstrom's here in Atlanta, but nothing like they are in the West! I don't blame you for skipping the sales tax, but it is nice to go make up your mind for sure as to which style you prefer. I can love something online for ever, but five seconds in the mirror tells me whether its me or not.

Best of luck in your quest!!

callmelulu said:
I have this paddy in whiskey and I LOVE it. i've only used it a few times (waiting for fall!) and I've had compliments every time

Callmelulu, your bag is beautiful, can u tell me where did u get it ?
i think this style looks very nice on whiskey.