First Channel Bag As Gift For Wife

jondoe89

Sep 4, 2006
Hi y'all. I'm in the process of buying a Chanel bag as a gift for my wife's birthday. It will be her first Chanel bag (she has bags from other designers) but I wanted to just double check with y'all. She likes the classic bags and I just want to confirm that the black caviar in medium size of the classic back is the closest to the "original" style. She's 5"4' and on the skinnier side if this matters.

She also likes the new new flap 19 bags, but we were thinking perhaps the classic would be better for her first one. Are there any other considerations I should be thinking of? There are a lot of other cool materials and colors it seems but perhaps those can come later. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkie*
Hi y'all. I'm in the process of buying a Chanel bag as a gift for my wife's birthday. It will be her first Chanel bag (she has bags from other designers) but I wanted to just double check with y'all. She likes the classic bags and I just want to confirm that the black caviar in medium size of the classic back is the closest to the "original" style. She's 5"4' and on the skinnier side if this matters.

She also likes the new new flap 19 bags, but we were thinking perhaps the classic would be better for her first one. Are there any other considerations I should be thinking of? There are a lot of other cool materials and colors it seems but perhaps those can come later. Thanks.

I don’t think you could go wrong with a black caviar medium timeless bag. It’s also a good starting point to see if she minds the double flap, if she wants a different type of chain next, etc.
Such an amazing gift!

The classic flap is a classic and well, classics are timeless but why would you buy a timeless bag if she actually wants the 19? I sort of get it, because it is an investement but there are so many factors like the weight of the bag, the chain lenght, the material, that is all so personal. If she would rather have, own and wear the 19, I would just give her the bag of her dreams instead of a wise investement.

Reactions: OCMomof3
Will this be a surprise gift for her? Why not the surprise is a visit to Chanel store and she can choose her dream bag by herself? She can try them on her own before deciding. Second best about the gift after the bag itself is the in-store experience. It’s a girl’s dream, she will love it.

I think you are on the right track. I think that you picked it out for her is very special and something she will always treasure and remember. Love the Medium in black caviar.

Will this be a surprise gift for her? Why not the surprise is a visit to Chanel store and she can choose her dream bag by herself? She can try them on her own before deciding. Second best about the gift after the bag itself is the in-store experience. It’s a girl’s dream, she will love it.
I totally agree with you .

Reactions: Iana24
Why not take your wife to the Chanel boutique as a “surprise” treat and telling her that you are buying her the handbag? Even though you know what she likes but let her pick and choose, do not deprive her the enjoyment of shopping in the boutique which I’m sure she will thoroughly enjoy and also a chance to browse around other items as well. Not only she will forever treasure her holy grail bag and also always remembers her first time shopping experience in Chanel. Your wife is a very lucky lady having you as her hubby. :smile: