First Chanel Purchase - NY/Long Island Ladies

pcorazza

Apr 5, 2011
Good morning -
I'm so excited to purchase my first Chanel this weekend.
Just a few questions:
1- Debating if I should go into NYC fifth avenue store or purchase at Hirshleifers in Manhasset. Thoughts ? pros/cons ?
2 - Do I need to have a SA or can I just walk in? If you like your SA, would you share their contact info ?

Thanks so much. I appreciate all your feedback.

I'm in Dallas but I buy from NY frequently.
What do you intend to buy? I LOVE Hirshleifer's- it's very elevated and they receive really special pieces.
Saks is fun, especially if you plan to shop outside of Chanel that day but I do know that when I lived in NY, it was kind of a pain to go through Saks during the Holidays. Obviously, that's different this year.

I would call ahead to book an appointment so you have a full experience buying your first bag- it's ceremonial, lol
If you are looking for something specific, like the CF or Chanel 19, best to confirm it before you go in.

Thomas @ Hirshleifers
Lenore @ SFA
Feel free to tell them I sent you :smile:

Good luck!

I'm in Dallas but I buy from NY frequently.
What do you intend to buy? I LOVE Hirshleifer's- it's very elevated and they receive really special pieces.
Saks is fun, especially if you plan to shop outside of Chanel that day but I do know that when I lived in NY, it was kind of a pain to go through Saks during the Holidays. Obviously, that's different this year.

I would call ahead to book an appointment so you have a full experience buying your first bag- it's ceremonial, lol
If you are looking for something specific, like the CF or Chanel 19, best to confirm it before you go in.

Thomas @ Hirshleifers
Lenore @ SFA
Feel free to tell them I sent you :smile:

Good luck!

I plan to buy the classic black flap. Not sure about the hardware yet, and want to "try on" the different sizes. I just called Hirsleifers and they said that you have to scan a bar code when you get there and then wait online. Because of the pandemic I'm thinking they want to make sure there aren't too many people in the store. I will definitely reach out to Thomas to try to get an appointment. Thanks so much.

OK - So Hirshleifers is great and you will tend to get an untouched piece from them because of the Exchange / Store credit only policy, they don't tend to take in a lot of returns. BUT if that policy bothers you, then don't use them.

Saks in NYC is not my favorite, Do not like the BG SA's at all. 57th Street is a busy, touristy nightmare at this time of year, however it might be not as bad due to the pandemic, they will certainly have the best selection as a Flagship. Madison is more laid back, I like the vibe there better.