First Chanel Purchase, need help Chanel experts!

Louboutfan

Shoes...Diamonds..:)
Aug 30, 2007
Hi Chanel Ladies,

I would like to purchase a chanel handbag, the classic flap in black. I'm sure I read somewhere that you cannot purchase new, authentic chanel online, is this true?

I will be in NYC this month, can you ladies give me an idea of how much this bag will cost, and where is the best place to purchase?

Sorry ladies, am currently clueless regarding Chanel!! Hopefully you can help me!!

Thanks in advance.

IDK about where in NYC exactly (I live in Canada) but I would strongly suggest phoning now & put yourself on some potential waitlists - all the shops around here are sold out & waitlisting black classic flaps. Good luck!

what size and leather are you looking for? you can go to Saks NYC and ask the SAs (I recommend Maria) to order it for you. If it is shipped from another state, it's tax free. Also, if you open a Saks card, you get 10% off the bag and all purchases for that day.

i've also heard if you open a Bloomies card, you can get 15% off.

There are a number of different locations where you can buy them. I bought a M/L black caviar with S/H last week at Saks and exchanged it yesterday for a Jumbo in the same colour :blush: so I know they're out there.

You can try the Chanel boutiques, Saks, Bergdorf, Blommingdales (although I was in last week and was told by a SA they were out of stock).

What size, leather, and hardware were you looking for?

ETA: The M/L caviar was $2425 before taxes and the jumbo was $2650 prior to taxes.