First Chanel opinions

I think Chanel looks best in flaps style . Just my two cents. I love all kid of flaps, but prefer the cc turnlock most. Even though I'm quite tall (5.7"), but I think m/l classic flap looks best. I would recommend u to try on m/l classic flap as for your first Chanel. You will fall in love with it and wanting more and more (like I am now lol). I think fuchsia color looks so beautiful. You can always get black later if you are certain this will not be your last Chanel. Black will always be there. Go for the color first.

Do you have any modeling pictures? I'm 5'8. I wonder how long the straps come.

Sometimes following the various threads here on tpf is quite helpful in ways one doesn't expect. Someone started a thread about this year's valentine bags and how the charms weren't so pleasing to them. Others chimed in with their opinions. Soon as I saw the inside of the bag, bells went off. Get some needle nose pliers, take off the charms, and viola! You have a medium classic single flap bag, at a huge savings off the regular price of the bag and you have it brand new. Classics never go on sale, so this was a great score for any who took this advice. So it's not always even in threads about the bag you are looking for that you find little gems of wisdom like this. So I'd advise you to start reading and following the board for a while, to help you narrow down the search. You do need to start with a budget in mind, though. Also, what works for you, but you've said small, large, bags, totes all work for you so sounds like it's budget and reading time. :smile:

This is good!!

In that case and assuming you will be going the new route via a boutique or dept store:

1) med or jumbo flap as a shoulder bag

2) the chanel 3 tote (or if you can find one, a reissue tote). the totes change very often and re more of a seasonal piece so i think if you want a tote, you should wait to see what comes out season to season so you can find the perfect tote for you.

3) mini and/or woc for hands free

Thank you!! This is what I need. Some direction.

Thank you!! This is what I need. Some direction.

Yep for you, since you are starting fresh, I think getting a classic is the way to go. Then, after you get comfortable with classics and know what styles Chanel has/will be coming out with, I think you will be comfortable enough to venture into the seasonal bags.

I can honestly say I use my seasonal bags way more than my classics. I don't know why, but I am attracted to the seasonal bags more for some reason. '

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with! :biggrin:

Yep for you, since you are starting fresh, I think getting a classic is the way to go. Then, after you get comfortable with classics and know what styles Chanel has/will be coming out with, I think you will be comfortable enough to venture into the seasonal bags.

I can honestly say I use my seasonal bags way more than my classics. I don't know why, but I am attracted to the seasonal bags more for some reason. '

Good luck! Let us know what you end up with! :biggrin:

Thank you I will!!

hmm... if I were starting out, I would get a classic jumbo black flap in caviar. That's a daily bag, and a classic. It comes in either Silver Hardware (SHW) or Gold Hardware (GHW).

After that, I would then reassess my needs - tote or M/L or reissue... Good luck in deciding, there are sooooo many nice bags!!!

I think a M/L is a good place to start if the OP decides she wants a classic flap.

Yes I totally agree with you. M/L classic flaps are great size. Love them. I tried jumbo on , but it looked a bit too bulky in some angles. I may buy jumbo one day, but of course after I feel like I have enough m/l flaps.( will it ever have that day? Lol) :yahoo:

Is jumbo heavy? Or GST heavier ?
I'm also still thinking what my first Chanel shud be
Going Paris in a week
so excited
But so confused
I like to carry my bulky wallet and makeup pouch on a everyday basis