First Chanel Help! :)

Ana16kin

Jul 25, 2012
Hi Guys! I've been thinking of buying a Chanel Bag. I have been putting it off for a long time and it's time to bite bullet and buy me one. With the price increases i think i should but it soon..

So what do you think i should by as a first timer? I don't really like the WOC because it's too small for me.

Would be great to see your suggestions :smile: Thanks!

Reactions: jasnat
Try them on, bring the stuff that you usually carry with you and try to put them in each bag you are contemplating. know your usual jewelry color to ensure you choose the hardware color that matches you on a routine basis (if you only wear silver colored jewelry, don't get a gold hardware Chanel because someone thinks you should). Take someone with you if you can or take pictures in the mirror when you try on the ones that fit your stuff and are contemplating between styles/colors/sizes, because when you see it on the photos, you can see better than compared to looking at yourself in the mirror alone. it also allow you to go home, look at it again or get some opinions from others (especially if you're contemplating different sized bags) on which one looked better on you. have fun!

Buy a Chanel that you will use and matches your wardrobe and lifestyle. I wear all black,all the time!!, exclusively wear silver jewelry( I love David Yurman!), carry the world with me daily, have a 13 yr old and husband in suburbia, and work in a conservative office - so my style choices will be different than the exact opposite from me! I love the Chanel maxis and large boys in black (what else!) with silver hardware in either washed lamb or caviar leather.

Feel free to ask opinions on this forum once you narrow your search and do some fun research!! Good Luck!

Reactions: aynrand
I'd say get a mini for your intro Chanel bag. Try it first in your local boutique. Goodluck!

Yeah i've been thinking of buying the Mini Flap or the small Boy bag..

I'm a bit scared because it involved a large amount of money. I still have 3 months to go. As this will be my bday present for myself lol..

But thankfully Chanel is a Classic piece that i ca keep forever

What type & size of handbag have you been carrying? Be very aware of the size of each handbag that you like. I went to this page here on the Forum to give me an idea of the sizes of each handbag.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/style-codes-and-dimensions-of-the-timeless-classics.485001/

Don't forget to take into account the "strap drop" too. It makes a difference if you would like to carry your handbag cross body or if that isn't important to you.
Good luck finding your first! :drinkup: