First Chanel Handbag for Wife

quack7298

Dec 18, 2018
Hello there!

Someone recommended this forum, which has a lot of great information.

My dilemma is that I want to purchase my wife's first Chanel bag - a small classic flap. But when I checked, it seems there are none right now in the US. Do I need to just keep calling the boutiques in my area (because they might get some more in), get on a waiting list, or wait until the next "season" (whenever that is)? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hello there! Yes, I would keep calling the boutiques in your area, and each time they say that there aren't any small classic flaps available, ask to be put on the waiting list so that you can be notified when one comes in (which may be next season). If you're based in New York, I can give you the number of my sales associate, who can help you locate the bag you're searching for.

Have you considered the medium size? Believe that they are the more popular size and so they may be easier to get your hands on. Hope this helps!

Hello there! Yes, I would keep calling the boutiques in your area, and each time they say that there aren't any small classic flaps available, ask to be put on the waiting list so that you can be notified when one comes in (which may be next season). If you're based in New York, I can give you the number of my sales associate, who can help you locate the bag you're searching for.

Have you considered the medium size? Believe that they are the more popular size and so they may be easier to get your hands on. Hope this helps!

Thanks, I will do that. I am in NYC and Northern NJ so the number of your sales associate would help.

I have considered the standard/medium size but my wife is petite (5'4") and does not carry a lot around with her. She does not like large handbags; hence going with the small. The mini is too small IMHO.

Approximately when is the next season?

Thanks, I will do that. I am in NYC and Northern NJ so the number of your sales associate would help.

I have considered the standard/medium size but my wife is petite (5'4") and does not carry a lot around with her. She does not like large handbags; hence going with the small. The mini is too small IMHO.

I would also try calling Hirschleifer's. They may have the small if you are looking for it in black. Good luck!

Call the 1800 number ! They helped me locate one.. after calling a couple times! I got my small caviar two months ago at Bloomingdales off 59th st ? I got it shipped to CA since I live there. Good luck!

The small classic flap is not much bigger than the mini (it’s usually just better made with a double flap at a higher price point). I’m 5’4” and while the mini size also works for me, I don’t find the ML flap to be a large bag at all.

For classic flaps (small, ML, jumbo and maxi), they aren’t seasonal so you should check with your store as the deliveries are different from seasonal drops. For eg, in my city, Chanel usually get deliveries of classic bags around the first of the month.

The small classic flap is not much bigger than the mini (it’s usually just better made with a double flap at a higher price point). I’m 5’4” and while the mini size also works for me, I don’t find the ML flap to be a large bag at all.

For classic flaps (small, ML, jumbo and maxi), they aren’t seasonal so you should check with your store as the deliveries are different from seasonal drops. For eg, in my city, Chanel usually get deliveries of classic bags around the first of the month.

Thanks, that is good to know.

Honestly, the M/L is fairly small. It barely holds my wallet, phone, a lipstick, and an inhaler :X.