First Chanel handbag- 2 mini vs a M/L??

foxbean

Jul 24, 2016
Hi ladies-
I am looking to purchase my first classic flap. I own a woc I got this summer. I am torn, however, about what to get. I prefer lambskin and shw. It looks like Chanel is coming out with a beautiful red this fall, and minis in both red and black with lambskin and shw! My combo! :smile:
I have enough saved to get EITHER get one m/l bag, likely red if it is a true red, vs 2 minis- would do the rectangular red and a black Square.
I am thinking I could hold off on a black M/L since I could find that at a later time if I ever can save enough again for that!
Should I get the minis since they rarely have minis with Lanb and shw?
Or get bigger bag?
Not sure if the November price increase will hit the minis vs m/l harder?
Thoughts?
Thanks for any advice!

I’m having a similar debate myself...i say it depends on which you will get more use out of in the near future and which you’re willing to pay more for if you were to wait. If you are willing to wait on a M/L and are willing to pay more than $7,000 if they increase again then I say go for the 2 minis. Because let’s be real, are the minis worth more than $3,800 if they continue to go up in price? But if you can’t see spending over $7,000 for a M/L, get the classic now and wait on the minis.

I have many m/l flaps but I find myself reaching for my minis more because it's lighter. I don't really Carry too much just my phone/cardholder/ hand sanitizer. If you're like me I think mini would be a better choice. plus I think you can find some good deal on the preloved market for m/l flaps in lambskin but mini are harder to find in excellent state. :amuse:

I would say to get the rectangle mini in red/shw if but not the square. I find that the square is not really practical lol, but just my opinion. Then save up to get the black m/l soon to avoid any more increases!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the minis. It isn't a classic Chanel flap, doesn't have the double flap, and I don't think the style is as beautiful as the medium or jumbo sizes. Even though at first glance it may appear to be a shrunk down version of the classic flap, the medium and jumbo have a beautiful shape with a lovely curvature of the flap, whereas the minis the flap is more flat.

Another vote for the mini! I have both and definitely find myself reaching more for the mini than m/l. I typically wear my bags cross body so it works really nicely. The mini can hold quite a bit so it’s not as small as you might imagine.

Get 2 minis for sure!
They are classic as well, light weight, versatile because you can dress them up and down and you can crossbody!
I already have two minis and I would get two more of them instead of a m/l double flap, considering the price!