First Chanel - Classic or Seasonal?

Brilliant thought! You know, bags should be bought because you love it not just because everybody have it. Im actually debating with the seasonal and classic but whenever I buy a bag, I never thought of selling it down the road. What I wanted is to have a vintage piece that I own first hand not pre-loved. Right now, I already have a black vintage camera tassel bag with gold hardware in lambskin (1991) which I had when I was still a teenager. She accompanied me on my JS Prom. :smile: i haven't treated her yet with anything nor clean with anything with chemical. Because before I never thought I should. So now that she's kinda old already, I fear that I might just ruin her if I do so. The gold hardware still looks great by the way. I sooo love Chanel vintage and that's what I'm a fan of. Thats what I want with a bag! And now that she's already 25 years old, Im planning to get another one.... Finally! [emoji173]️
Wow, your bag is a true beauty, and yes I love to own a vintage bag too. I want each of my bag has a story to it, just like how your bag weng to prom with you. So even though i went crazy every time i saw a new seasonal bag, i have to make sure that I will love it for a long time and have enough use of it. I always think I never sell any of my bags, since I love them all and they all are meaningful to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PurseForum mobile app

Thank you so much! This post helped....I don't plan on selling my bags, I want them to be a collection through the years. I just wasn't sure if it's silly to buy a Chanel bag that is not either the classic or the boy. Because that's what I see on most people. But I also did want something different than what I see on most people without the bag being too "it" or trendy. So thanks for sharing your story, that helps!
I'm glad my story helps you. I dont think your bag will ever go out of style, and its so cool to have something different than boy or classic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PurseForum mobile app

Thank you so much! Yes cost is what made me go for this over classic because to be honest, I can't afford the classic M/L at $6k! Maybe in the future if I get a hold of a pre-loved one....till then I'll enjoy this.

When you're ready and have extra $, try to look for vintage classics. They can be cheaper than preloved yet still TDF. Or get it brand new from friends or resellers travelling to Europe. I'm not sure about USD but here in Asia I can save a couple of grands just from taxes and exchange rates.