First Chanel... but on a budget!

juiceylucie

Apr 20, 2008
hi girls.. and boys!

I really really want to purchase a Chanel wallet or bag :drool:... but the thing is... i have a limit :crybaby:... and its a tight limit too... my boyfriend is "allowing" me to spend up to £500.... ok maybe £700 (if i dnt tell him :angel:) on my bag or below £400 for a smaller leather item... even though its my own money, i just opened an espresso bar.. soooooo the boyfriend is being very strict on me hence the tight budget :sad:

Does anyone know what leather item i could get from chanel at this budget (or if its realistic)? i live in birmingham, so its pretty difficult to actually go to a chanel boutique... until bank holiday where i'll close the bar for the weekend, and go on a mini shopping spree in london! :wlae:

Im always on the Chanel website and theres soooo many items im eyeing up but bc i dont know the prices im unsure if it's in my budget :confused1:

please help?!

xxx

Feb 24, 2007
hmm 700 so thats like 1400 USD?
Get a Petite Shopping Tote aka PST.
Its a classic piece and IMO the price is (still) great!! I'm not to sure how much it is in the UK though.
Good Luck!

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
I think you can get the small Neon flap which is very pretty, some wallets on a chain which are the size of a small purse, the pst, the baseball spirit small flap, and...sometimes at least in the U.S.A., in June, some sales come up.....Congrats on opening an expresso bar, sounds awesome.....grew up on cafe con leche each a.m. from the time I was 3.....:heart:H

juiceylucie

Apr 20, 2008
thanks for the response ladies!! :love: im really considering the PST i looked at the photos and im seriously :drool:, i just hope its in my price range! :girlsigh: i remember i looked at the classic flap like 3 years ago and it must've been in the £500/600 range.. now its increased so much im seriously kicking myself for not buying it back then!

habanerita - i sell cafe con leche at my bar... its a great shame that not many people from where i live even know what that is! but im always up for educating them :wlae:

well.. the search continues.....

x

juiceylucie

Apr 20, 2008
oh thats pretty! i remember they have one in a light pink right? :heart:

do u mind telling me how much it is?

x

gMbt

Dec 13, 2007
hi juiceylucie!
got this from the UK Chanel thread for u-

The Timeless Classic Flap Bag comes in 4 Sizes:
Caviar calfskin:
BABY : £820
SMALL:£1065
Medium:£1120
Jumbo:£1270

Lambskin:
BABY: £850
SMALL:£1180
Medium:£1220
Jumbo:£1390

FYI Chanel at Selfridges both in London and Manchester do post the purchase for 15 pounds so u don't have to close ur bar :smile:.Might b worth a trip to see what selection they have though.

Good luck!

P.S.Non-leather bags e.g.fabric r normally cheaper.Saw a silver jersey classic flap at Harrods some time ago for about GBP790 or something around there.

juiceylucie

Apr 20, 2008
thanks for the response! as its going to be my first chanel purchase i want to be there to choose and pick it out in person.. does that sound silly??... iono its the "whole experience" i love :nuts:

oh in selfridges in birmingham, they have a section sealed off and they're doing something.. my fingers are crossed that they'll be opening a Chanel there!! :wlae:

habanerita

O.G.
May 1, 2006
Not silly at all, that is so important, until you hold it, and see it in person, you won't know, and sometimes you go in with something in mind and....end up with a different wonderful chanel. You must enjoy that part of it.

I am going to pm you an old cuban recipe/secret for Cafe con Leche and Cortadito....!!:oops I just saw we have to wait a bit for me to be able to pm you .....let me know when you can receive pms....heart:H

juiceylucie

Apr 20, 2008
im lookin forward to your recipe! i told my partner/boyfriend that u've been drinking cafe con leche since u were 3 and his response was "see we need more people like that!" heres our website if u're ever in Birmingham... in england :rolleyes: www.saintcaffe.com

x