first chanel - black or pink

I think I must be one of the minorities but I don't like black bags. So I would say yes for the pink!
I have 4 Chanel bags right now, and none of them are black (1 silver, 1 green, 1 pink & 1 red). But as others have said, get the one that makes your heart sing! I personally love the 19S pink and I was really hoping to get the pink iridescent flap but alas it was sold out in my country already :sad:

Reactions: mmaya
I'd go for the black, especially because you said you wear a lot of dark colors.
I like the look of the pink but I think I'd get sick of looking at it after a while. Furthermore, I'm not a huge fan of the more matte caviar leather of the season :/

If u were talking bout the quilted Iridescent pink... then absolutely this unique pink! :biggrin::heart:. But since it’s the chevron matte pink... i’d go for the black first. I love seasonal colors and esp pink, but the chevron matte is pretty but not as pretty as the iridescent :amuse:. You can see in the side by side comparison photo i took it’s also slightly more salmon. Aside from it being chevron (which to me doesn’t feel as timeless classic as quilted), the matte caviar is also More prone to color transfer.

Attachments

• 635E05E1-6866-4C68-8F97-D4504536682A.jpeg
    635E05E1-6866-4C68-8F97-D4504536682A.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 419
Hi everyone, im so excited. i will be purchasing my first chanel purse. i finally decided on the m/l size. however i am torn about the color. i always thought i would get black caviar with gold hardware. but i saw the pink chevron caviar (19s) and love the color. should i get the pink since its a seasonal color? or stick with black? also is there anything i can use to help prevent color transfer? i do tend to wear dark clothes. any help or information you can provide is greatly appreciated. thanks
I would go with the black as it is a classic .

I got black for my first Chanel thinking it’d be more classic and match everything but I realized I’m just not really a black bag kind of girl and the black does not make me excited (planning to sell it). I ended up getting a pink/beige one and thinking about getting a cream colored one soon!

If u were talking bout the quilted Iridescent pink... then absolutely this unique pink! :biggrin::heart:. But since it’s the chevron matte pink... i’d go for the black first. I love seasonal colors and esp pink, but the chevron matte is pretty but not as pretty as the iridescent :amuse:. You can see in the side by side comparison photo i took it’s also slightly more salmon. Aside from it being chevron (which to me doesn’t feel as timeless classic as quilted), the matte caviar is also More prone to color transfer.

Is the matte chevron more prone to color transfer and if so, why?