First Chanel - Black or Light Pink?

banhsukem

IHeartBags
Oct 4, 2011
Chanel ladies, please help me!

I am about order a pre-own Chanel flap in medium size as my first Chanel. I must choose between these 2 options:

1. Black lambskin with silver hardware
$_57.JPG

2. Light baby pink Caviar - (This pink color but the bag is medium classic flap)

image.rakuten.co.jp/kaiul/cabinet/201402_131/22796-1.jpg?_ex=128x128

So my dilemma is: whether Pink goes with everything. I understand that people usually start their collection with black because black goes with everything.

but... I kinda don't like the black color :sad: I felt less excited buying a black purse, and I don't want to spend this much money and not... getting excited about it :biggrin:

Please give me your 2 cents! Thank you thank you!!!

Last edited:
Can you repost the pic for the pink? It won't come up for me. If its very light, I'd be worried about color transfer. Also, light colors are hard to use in winter so I would keep that in mind if you live in a place that has winter. I love black classics....specially for a first purchase :smile:

This is the listing of the pink bag:

http://www.malleries.com/chanel-pal...lap-bag-i-166971-s-2665.html?images=true#img5

I know, I am sooooo confused right now. I do not want to regret after getting my first Chanel. I love the look of the lambskin. It appears TRUE BLACK to me. So luxurious. But I also worry about its fragility.

I have nailed down my choice to silver hardware. So what I'm really thinking about is LAMBSKIN OR CAVIAR.

I'm having a headache LOL

Can you repost the pic for the pink? It won't come up for me. If its very light, I'd be worried about color transfer. Also, light colors are hard to use in winter so I would keep that in mind if you live in a place that has winter. I love black classics....specially for a first purchase :smile:

This is the listing of the pink bag:

http://www.malleries.com/chanel-pale...ages=true#img5

I know, I am sooooo confused right now. I do not want to regret after getting my first Chanel. I love the look of the lambskin. It appears TRUE BLACK to me. So luxurious. But I also worry about its fragility.

I have nailed down my choice to silver hardware. So what I'm really thinking about is LAMBSKIN OR CAVIAR.

I'm having a headache LOL

K. Just saw the pink. If you love it, so happy you found a pink (I don't hate pink, but is not my thing). I have a black jumbo caviar w shw that I just LOVE. I was worried about lambskin being fragile, but a lot of ladies kept posting that it is not that fragile, so I decided to get a lambskin too, but in a cappuccino type color and I LOVE it too. I really think you can't go wrong with either decision.

Have you seen both bags in person at a store? Maybe that can help your decision. Good luck!

Chanel ladies, please help me!

I am about order a pre-own Chanel flap in medium size as my first Chanel. I must choose between these 2 options:

1. Black lambskin with silver hardware
$_57.JPG

2. Light baby pink Caviar - (This pink color but the bag is medium classic flap)

image.rakuten.co.jp/kaiul/cabinet/201402_131/22796-1.jpg?_ex=128x128

So my dilemma is: whether Pink goes with everything. I understand that people usually start their collection with black because black goes with everything.

but... I kinda don't like the black color :sad: I felt less excited buying a black purse, and I don't want to spend this much money and not... getting excited about it :biggrin:

Please give me your 2 cents! Thank you thank you!!!

You have two very beautiful purses to choose from, and like others have said, you really can't go wrong. But the fact that you said you don't really like the black and it doesn't really excite you makes me think you should choose the pink. It is light enough to be a neutral color that I believe will go with most of your clothes. I think like most I would choose black because that's a color I love, but you should be excited when purchasing your first Chanel. Be true to yourself and get the one your heart is leaning towards.
On another note, I too have read that the lamb isn't as fragile as most assume it is, so don't let the type of leather sway you. It seems both caviar and lamb are good choices.

Personally I don't like pink, especially the light pink color it just doesn't go well with my tan skin tone, that being said I like the black one more. But after my experience with a lambskin jumbo flap, now i switched all my Chanel bags to Caviar, just because I don't have to worry about scratching my bag.
But choose the one that your heart is going for, some people can carry pink color well!

Congrats!!!

Just want to say that I am a fan for pink and I don't have a classic m/l or jumbo in black either!

Somehow I just can't bring myself to it

Congrats!!!

Just want to say that I am a fan for pink and I don't have a classic m/l or jumbo in black either!

Somehow I just can't bring myself to it

Me too. Personally I think Chanel classic flaps are too special, you should get it in the color that you love the most, not solely about convenience & durability.

I'm 25 and somehow I'm not ready for a black yet, but if I ever get a black, I'll get a lambskin one.