First chanel bag

ddunddun

Oct 27, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have saved up for my very first luxury bag purchase and after a lot of contemplation between celine and chanel, I am finding myself leaning towards the chanel mini flaps. However lambskin scares me so much and I really want to but caviar BUT I keep hearing that they don’t make the minis in caviar anymore. What should I do? Should I wait to see if they make a comeback or should I just go with the celine (classic box).
Thank you for any input!!

Considering the constant price increase of Chanel, I'd say get the Chanel first too. I know Celine is also increasing their prices but not as much as Chanel.

I was in the EXACT same position this time last year. The classic box has always been on my wishlist but I thought it was time to get a Chanel. I did my research here to know Chanel has a substantial price increase every year and they won't make any caviar minis in the foreseeable future. I thought to myself that's not wait for another price increase to happen and they might never come out with caviar minis.

It's November soon which means the cruise collection that has minis are landing. I ended up getting a navy lamb rectangular mini from last year's cruise and I love it! It's actually not as delicate as many people think. I do protect it with sprays and leather conditioner but there're no issues so far. I will see if I can get the Coco Handle I want by Christmas this year, if not I am definitely considering buying the classic box.

Reactions: Hazzelnut
Unless you plan on getting a white or equally light back, there is nothing super high maintenace about lamb. I am hoping you will take care of your bag regardless of the material.

Get the Chanel. Lambskin is not as delicate as it seems. The YouTuber Mel in Melbourne did a detailed video including scratch testing both caviar and lambskin Chanels before, so I highly recommend that you watch it ().

You can also get a Chanel 2.55 mini reissue, with aged calf skin. It's beautiful and is just as durable as caviar leather. FYI box leather is so beautiful (Celine),but it's even more prone to scratches than lamb skin. However, the scratches eventually merge and develop a beautiful patina (but you have to be ok w/ how it ages).

Reactions: earthygirl
Definitely the Chanel over the Celine. And I’d get the ever classic Small or M/L caviar for my first bag :biggrin:. (Oh n don’t wait for that caviar mini haha. Just get sth now at boutique’s price... no regrets later) :smile:.

Reactions: earthygirl
Considering the constant price increase of Chanel, I'd say get the Chanel first too. I know Celine is also increasing their prices but not as much as Chanel.

I was in the EXACT same position this time last year. The classic box has always been on my wishlist but I thought it was time to get a Chanel. I did my research here to know Chanel has a substantial price increase every year and they won't make any caviar minis in the foreseeable future. I thought to myself that's not wait for another price increase to happen and they might never come out with caviar minis.

It's November soon which means the cruise collection that has minis are landing. I ended up getting a navy lamb rectangular mini from last year's cruise and I love it! It's actually not as delicate as many people think. I do protect it with sprays and leather conditioner but there're no issues so far. I will see if I can get the Coco Handle I want by Christmas this year, if not I am definitely considering buying the classic box.
What sprays and leather conditioner do you use?

get the Chanel instead over Celine, i regretted not getting a Chanel years back and now is spending even more money on getting a Chanel, motto in life is to get the bag when you like it and never wait, Chanel's prices never go down but always up, so it's a good piece to invest in :smile: