First Chanel bag. Which should it be?

Chel

Mar 6, 2008
Hi everyone, I have been thinking of getting a Chanel bag but is quite ignorant about the brand. I have 3 LV bags and I though a Chanel would be a nice addition. Chanel is expensive so my first investment has to be wise! Thinking of a classic bag (2.55? or flap bag? black? or white?) for functions or a bigger one for daily use. What do u advise? Actually I love a classic dinner bag but am afraid of its limitation because it is small and delicate for weekends??

The 2.55 size is fairly small for everyday use. However, there are some people that carry it with no problem. Do you plan to use the bag everyday? It just depends on how much stuff you like to carry on a daily basis. If you need more room, I say go with a Jumbo caviar black flap as your first bag. It is timeless and most definitely a classic.

Everyones first Chanel should be a black classic flap in my opinion. If you have LV's I assume you have the brown bags and a black one would be a nice addition.

Everyones first Chanel should be a black classic flap in my opinion. If you have LV's I assume you have the brown bags and a black one would be a nice addition.

Please note that the Classics have a strap with leather intertwined in it and therefore it can make a squeaky noise. If you get one with a strap like that, be sure to test it before you decide to keep it.

Hi ShelleyM, I am not too confident in using the jumbo one cos I am really petite... I'm Asian. In fact I have tried the medium and the small. Medium holds more but the small one looks better and more proportionate on me. Sigh... By the way, which is better? Flap or 2.55? and there are so many colors and materials to choose from. :shrugs:

Hi jfhave, yes even my epi bag is brown.. come to think of it black is gold. So black with silver ware or gold ware? Both look beautiful to me but can only choose one.

I would get a black caviar flap either in medium or jumbo, depending on how much stuff you have. It's timeless and very easy to transition from day to night... a great first Chanel IMO, and indeed, a good investment.

I *think* zrusky7 means the classic flap (not the 2.55/reissue) chain squeaks... there have been some members who have noted that this happened to them, although I don't think it happens to the majority of people, as my classic flaps don't have this problem.

-Good luck with your choice, it's so though... but what a good dilemma, right? ;)

My first was the Jumbo Cavier Flap and I adore it. However if you feel the jumbo may be too big for your size, then go for medium. It would be a perfect addition to your bag collection.

Hi chel, i actually like the 2.55/reissue a lot and think it's a great bag. I love that it's a little less structured. I do prefer the non-metallic ones but only metallic ones are available at the moment.