First Chanel bag purchase! Quick reveal!

LVOE_J

O.G.
Nov 5, 2008
I visited Chanel today with every intention of purchasing my HG bag - large classic flap in black caviar with gold hardware. However, it wasn't in stock! In fact, no large sizes in black were in stock. I really wanted something for everyday use in black because I feel that black is the most versatile and it fits great into my mostly black white and grey coloured wardrobe.

After looking at a lot of other classic flaps in both large and jumbo sizes, in different colours and materials, I came home with this amazing beauty. I did not expect to love this colour and hardware combination this much. It is absolutely gorgeous!

It is a jumbo classic flap in beige caviar with gold hardware!! I just hope I have no colour transfer issues with darker jeans. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391329023.977486.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391329050.127137.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391329063.126645.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1391329076.426486.jpg

Congrats on your beautiful beige classic flap!!!
But you have indeed to be careful with darker clothes because there can be colour transfer! But that shouldn't you hold back from enjoying your beauty!!!

Gorgeous classic flap in beige. You can spray it with a waterproof solution that will help a bit with color transfer (Meltonian or Collonil Waterstop) since it's calf leather, but still do be careful of the dark jeans (also you can add vinegar to the water to help with colorfastness in clothing if they aren't dry clean only). Enjoy your lovely bag; it should last you a lifetime.

Thank you everyone for the Chanel love and encouraging words!

I think I'll take it for a spin soon!

Gorgeous! I'm actually looking at the same purse, but color transfer is holding me back. :sad: I keep sticking with black.

I still have worries about colour transfer, but I'm just going to be more mindful with the colours I wear. The bag looks stunning and I just couldn't let this one pass!

I really wanted to have a black classic flap as my very first Chanel but the black jumbo size was just too heavy looking on me. So I'm going to go back for the large classic flap in black hopefully later this year! :smile: