First Chanel bag is disappointing... Caviar looks dull! Will it become more sheen with wear?

I would Exchange for lamb in I were you. It really is not as delicate as people say. The cornerwear is mostly the leather losging a bit of shine. Which can be fixed so easily. I have both caviar (old and new) and lamb, but for me the lamb is just zo much prettier. Its actualy really black, saturated kind of black, not greyish.

I went to the store today and exchanged mine. I told the SA that my bag does not feel puffy enough and she kindly showed me a couple of pieces. Puffiness and shine varied a lot from what I saw.

BTW, My NM in Stanford Shopping Center, CA had some medium flaps as well.

Attachments

• Jum1.jpg
    Jum1.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 762
  • Jum2.jpg
    Jum2.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 765
  • Jum3.jpg
    Jum3.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 767
Reactions: BelieveinATL
It might be worth considering the 2:55 instead of the Classic Flap? The aged calfskin is a great halfway house between the more delicate lambskin and the caviar / pebble options of the flap bag, in terms of durability and sheen. But it depends on whether you want the crossed Cs. I went for the 2:55 because I prefer the shape and didn't want the logo (I also like the all-metal chain), but I completely understand why someone would feel differently. But in terms of leather, it's at least worth looking at to see how you feel.

https://www.chanel.com/us/fashion/p/A37586Y04634C3906/2-55-handbag-aged-calfskin-gold-tone-metal/

It was a good thing that your only concern was its puffiness and shine, I also recently bought a chanel M/L classic flap using a personal shopper in UK and she bought it in Harrod’s. I got a bag that looks worse than a superfake. This has a slanted base and when I checked its back one or 2 of the quilts didnt perfectly fit its square thing (really the most fundamental). I was really bummed about it. See pictures for comparison with my perfect Jumbo and the new M/L. What’s worse was when my personal shopper went back to have it exchanged, the manager told her that the bag looks perfect and that it is normal to miss around 2mm on the quilts as it is handstitched and sometimes it will be off base.. HMM! So she had it refunded. And yup about the not shiny caviar.. mine actually was there are some shine and some matte but you’ll see a line like as if the shine was randomly sprayed on.. this will be my last purchase from Chanel boutique. Maybe next time I’ll just get preowned.

Attachments

• A48315A5-4304-4F8D-9B82-F378DB88D2E0.jpeg
    A48315A5-4304-4F8D-9B82-F378DB88D2E0.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 683
  • BA1F0A13-6D96-45DF-B727-756427F4893E.jpeg
    BA1F0A13-6D96-45DF-B727-756427F4893E.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 671
It was a good thing that your only concern was its puffiness and shine, I also recently bought a chanel M/L classic flap using a personal shopper in UK and she bought it in Harrod’s. I got a bag that looks worse than a superfake. This has a slanted base and when I checked its back one or 2 of the quilts didnt perfectly fit its square thing (really the most fundamental). I was really bummed about it. See pictures for comparison with my perfect Jumbo and the new M/L. What’s worse was when my personal shopper went back to have it exchanged, the manager told her that the bag looks perfect and that it is normal to miss around 2mm on the quilts as it is handstitched and sometimes it will be off base.. HMM! So she had it refunded. And yup about the not shiny caviar.. mine actually was there are some shine and some matte but you’ll see a line like as if the shine was randomly sprayed on.. this will be my last purchase from Chanel boutique. Maybe next time I’ll just get preowned.

Wow, that’s ridiculous... I can’t believe the SA told her that was normal for the quilts not to match up on the back pocket. Crazy crazy!
I recently watched a video on YouTube where a lady’s square mini looked exactly like that (same pocket problem on the back) and not only that, but the chain was all messed up! Sorry you had to experience that. [emoji51]

I went to the store today and exchanged mine. I told the SA that my bag does not feel puffy enough and she kindly showed me a couple of pieces. Puffiness and shine varied a lot from what I saw.

BTW, My NM in Stanford Shopping Center, CA had some medium flaps as well.

That is very helpful, thanks for sharing!!! Congrats on your new bag — it’s absolutely stunning! [emoji7]

That is appalling. No way is it normal for the squares not to line up.

That is very helpful, thanks for sharing!!! Congrats on your new bag — it’s absolutely stunning! [emoji7]

Hmm, I was inspecting the bag in day light now. Noticed a loose thread on the flap and a scratch in the bag. Also on the edges the grains seem almost flat, and am wondering if it will wear off faster than normal. So bummed about it! The SA had shown me a couple of bags, some straight out of box, and when I did not like those she went in and got this. I liked the puffiness of this so took this, even though she did not take it out of the box in front of me. Also when I . got home I noticed there is no protective sticker on the CC hardware, which makes me think if this was a return piece, and I can't help but overthink about the reasons for the return. Is it possible for the SA to sell a piece even if they know of some defects? Frankly I can't handle this stress!

Attachments

• e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 578
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 570
Hmm, I was inspecting the bag in day light now. Noticed a loose thread on the flap and a scratch in the bag. Also on the edges the grains seem almost flat, and am wondering if it will wear off faster than normal. So bummed about it! The SA had shown me a couple of bags, some straight out of box, and when I did not like those she went in and got this. I liked the puffiness of this so took this, even though she did not take it out of the box in front of me. Also when I . got home I noticed there is no protective sticker on the CC hardware, which makes me think if this was a return piece, and I can't help but overthink about the reasons for the return. Is it possible for the SA to sell a piece even if they know of some defects? Frankly I can't handle this stress!

I’m not sure, but that’s why I haven’t removed the protective stickers on mine or detached the tags. I haven’t unwrapped the authenticity card or even placed a single item in the bag. I don’t want ANY hesitation from them when I try to exchange it, and I don’t think it’s fair to the use the bag and return it for your exact reason! People shouldn’t use the bag if they suspect they might keep it, not even once!! It’s rude and inconsiderate IMO!