First Chanel bag - buy new or preloved?

I buy both. My latest Chanel was an so black mini chevron reissue from the boutique bc I was dying to go outside my apartment (Voluntarily self isolated for weeks) and Chanel was allowing walk ins whereas Hermes was only taking appointments. It’s whatever and wherever the bag you love happens to be. if you buy preloved, be sure to buy from recommended resellers (and if they are from abroad, factor in state sales tax and customs/ DHL carriage. Chanel, for example, no longer makes exotic skinned bags, so if you want that, you have to go preloved. if buying in the US, tpfers seem to feel comfortable with fashionphile, AFF and Yoogis. i could care less about champagne prefer less packaging bc I think it’s environmentally a waste, but YMMV. Have fun; buy what you love and can afford and what makes your heart sing!

If you can I would suggest buying your Chanel in Europe. Either personally or if you know someone flying over for vacation to grab one for you. The amount you save on Vat tax is the same as buying peel over and you get it direct from the boutique. I bought a boy bag last year and saved $1200cad.

doesn’t the amount you save on vat tax get cancelled out by the import duty upon returning?

From my personal experience I decided to purchase a preloved, vintage handbag! The quality was to good to pass up but I would like to purchase a new Chanel handbag in their boutiques soon! I would just triple check to make sure the buyers are reputable when purchasing pre-loved and if they have a good return policy. When I purchased mines I made sure to also get it authenticated just in case!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags