First chanel bag, a few questions

I recently went to Manchester, UK for my 18th and bought a medium caviar classic flap from the new Chanel Boutique in Selfridges.
When I initially bought the bag, I took it away and when I had a look in the bag, I found no authenticity card so bought it back and asked if it's meant to come with one. The SA admittedly looked at me really accusatory and they all kept saying 'how strange, they're usually inside the bag' as if i'd taken it out. My mum said they probably thought I'd tried to take it to use for fakes or something.
So they swapped the bag over for another, this time with the card, but I noticed, they took the tags off on each bag. Is this normal???

On the whole though, I love my new bag :smile: It's a shame that prices seem more expensive in the Uk

Congrats on your lovely new bag!
I've read elsewhere on here that the UK take the tags off. No idea why.

And I guess you got the legendary "great" British service too... ;)

FWIW, the prices here in Asia are WAAAAY higher than the UK, let alone the States :cursing:

Congrats on your new bag!
I guess its more expensive because taxes are included in the price? The prices from the US do not have tax added on yet. And in Asia they don't give you tags either. So far I've only seen bags from the US with the tags on them. The box should have a label with the style no. and a picture of the bag though

Nope, the box is just a white box with a black lid, with CHANEL in white letters. Oh well. Many people now think I'm insane hahah. Since I got it for my 18th with money my parents gave me. I never in a million yeeeears thought i'd get a Chanel bag so soon :smile: I was going to get the lambskin but the woman kept saying it scratches too easily. I also wanted the jumbo but the chain when worn as a single strap was waaay too long

Congratulations on your medium flap, would love to see some pictures!

And I agree with the above comments; purchases bought at European boutiques don't come with the tags.

Thanks! I love it - slightly gutted I didn't get the lambskin but at least this one will probably last me longer since I'm not super careful with bags. I will be with this one though. Also, i've heard a bit about this apple leather care stuff. A) can it be bought it the UK? and b) Can it be used on the caviar?

Happy birthday and congratulations on your new bag! Actually, the SA removed the tag of my bag as well so I guess it depends where you buy the bag. I wish she left it on though because I like keeping all the little details!