First Celine (advice needed!)

moneybag27

Jun 2, 2019
In July, I am going to Paris! I would like to use this as an opportunity to buy my annual bag investment, since my fave designer bags are cheaper in France (compared to NYC prices). Currently, I have a LV Crossbody and a Goyard tote in my collection. I would like to add a Celine bag to my collection and would like a tote style bag, since my Goyard tote isn’t too sturdy (such a shame, since I love the style and brand). I also want a durable and timeless bag that I can use everyday for work, while making a statement (without screaming “designer”). So far I have narrowed it down to the Nano Luggage, the Small Cabas Phantom tote, and the Mini belt bag. I know the Luggage and Belt bags aren’t exactly totes but I like how they have the crossbody option.

Finally, I want to invest in a bag with the best value (in terms of savings in Paris and possible resale value).

Let me know your thoughts!!

Reactions: lxrac
In July, I am going to Paris! I would like to use this as an opportunity to buy my annual bag investment, since my fave designer bags are cheaper in France (compared to NYC prices). Currently, I have a LV Crossbody and a Goyard tote in my collection. I would like to add a Celine bag to my collection and would like a tote style bag, since my Goyard tote isn’t too sturdy (such a shame, since I love the style and brand). I also want a durable and timeless bag that I can use everyday for work, while making a statement (without screaming “designer”). So far I have narrowed it down to the Nano Luggage, the Small Cabas Phantom tote, and the Mini belt bag. I know the Luggage and Belt bags aren’t exactly totes but I like how they have the crossbody option.

Finally, I want to invest in a bag with the best value (in terms of savings in Paris and possible resale value).

Let me know your thoughts!!

Nano luggage because I am biased because I have one. It's one of the best bags out there! lightweight, cute and classy!

Out of all the bags listed, the Nano probably retains value best (as for price differentials, it depends on where you're from, so compare the prices online before you go! :smile: ). However, you already have an LV crossbody and the Nano's strap is a tad long on most people so unless you change out the strap, or you're 5'10", it's almost always only a crossbody option.

The Mini belt bag is a bit harder to be carried crossbody - shorter strap and it's a bit bulky(?). But it's a nice shoulder carry option to replace the Goyard tote. Some people do say it's heavy, even when empty but I've got one and don't really feel the weight. I think the Micro might lend itself to be more versatile in carrying methods.

I've been looking at the Cabas Phantom myself as my 3rd Celine bag. I like how it looks and I like that it's light for a full leather bag and holds a ton. It's also a true "tote bag".

Reactions: lxrac