First Cartier purchase, love ring or tank watch ?

TheMrsKwok

Jul 31, 2010
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get my first Cartier within the next few months. I am thinking about either Cartier Love Ring in yellow gold, or the Cartier tank watch in stainless steel.

For the Cartier love ring I would like to wear it on my right hand. And if possible I would like to wear it 24/7. Yellow gold ring is something always on my mind and I would love to have it from Cartier since I know am going to wear it 24/7. There is no Cartier in my city so I cannot try on the love ring.

I tried the Cartier tank watch before. I think it looks kinda ok on the website. However when I put it on my wrist I feel the love instantly. My current watch is a two tone tag heuer. It is very dressy and I love it so much. I think this stainless steel Cartier watch is not a duplicate of my original watch. What do you guys think ???

Which one should I pick ?

IMG_1504679793.665568.jpg
This is my current watch

IMG_1504679821.925565.jpg
IMG_1504679833.927964.jpg

IMG_1504679921.548386.jpgIMG_1504679950.992835.jpg
This is me wearing the tank in small size

IMG_1504679972.414856.jpg
This is the tank in the large size

Sorry if I sound like I'm coming out of nowhere, but instead of the Tank watch, may I suggest the Panthere watch in stainless steel? It's divine and super sleek and feminine. And quite different from what you currently own.

Also, I don't see the urgent need to get the LOVE ring.

Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get my first Cartier within the next few months. I am thinking about either Cartier Love Ring in yellow gold, or the Cartier tank watch in stainless steel.

For the Cartier love ring I would like to wear it on my right hand. And if possible I would like to wear it 24/7. Yellow gold ring is something always on my mind and I would love to have it from Cartier since I know am going to wear it 24/7. There is no Cartier in my city so I cannot try on the love ring.

I tried the Cartier tank watch before. I think it looks kinda ok on the website. However when I put it on my wrist I feel the love instantly. My current watch is a two tone tag heuer. It is very dressy and I love it so much. I think this stainless steel Cartier watch is not a duplicate of my original watch. What do you guys think ???

Which one should I pick ?

View attachment 3816381
This is my current watch

View attachment 3816382
View attachment 3816383

View attachment 3816384View attachment 3816385
This is me wearing the tank in small size

View attachment 3816386
This is the tank in the large size
I vote ring!

I love your current watch! The Cartier tank watch almost looks like a step down from it, although I understand you are looking for a more casual watch.

My vote goes to the Love ring.

Hello voodoodoll, thank you for your reply :smile: u have very sharp eyes ! my tag is around $2k more expensive than this Cartier one. I love it very much. Plus I can wear it to swim or something which is awesome.

I agree, new Panthere in ss. While I don't need another watch, I love the Panthere.

Sorry if I sound like I'm coming out of nowhere, but instead of the Tank watch, may I suggest the Panthere watch in stainless steel? It's divine and super sleek and feminine. And quite different from what you currently own.

Also, I don't see the urgent need to get the LOVE ring.

Hello Grande Latte and Kelly girl, thank you for your reply :biggrin: I was so fascinated by the Cartier tank watch when I saw Spencer (from pretty little liars) wears it.

However when hubby offered me a Cartier gift I love the Panthere series instead. I actually placed it in the cart and wanted to see it in the store. But when I went into the store I totally forgot about the panthere and went straight to the tank. I should go back and try the Panthere now you both reminded me.

Last edited: