FIRST BV!! Sloane

Thanks ladies. I am still scared of using her in rainy weather. I see, so the new Sloanes are no longer nappa umbrias? Sorry new to the brand here.

How does the new material compare to nappa umbria?

The downside is she is not weatherproof. I will have to use my LV on rainy days.

I love the Ferro! It looks super-versatile. I'm drawn to neutral dark greys too.

I was really anxious about using my first BV in the rain too. But since I live in the Pacific NW, I had to start sometime. I just wanted to mention that while I don't have experience with Nappa Umbria, I carry my Venetas (in regular Nappa) in the rain without flinching now -- of course, if it's really pouring, I'll put a sil-nylon reusable bag over the bag to keep out the downpour, but otherwise, in the misty or dribbly rain I just give them a quick surface wipe with a tissue when I get inside and make sure that they dry out of the light/heat before putting them away. The leather weave is still smooth and supple, without any rippling, stretching, spotting, etc. I hope that maybe gives you a little more confidence about carrying your beautiful Sloane -- love it and it will treat you well!