First BV bag...advice needed pls help

sngsk

O.G.
Jun 20, 2008
Hi everyone. I've been admiring all your BV bags for the longest time. I recently got myself a wallet in turbolence and have fallen head over heels in :heart:with BV.

I have decided to get a BV bag and am deciding between a medium veneta (probably in black) or a roma. I love the roma in ferro but can't seem to find anymore available. Saks online has apparently run out of stock. Can anyone advise me on where I can get my hands on one? I am located in Singapore and BV is sooo expensive here :sad:

Any advice on which bag I should get will be greatly appreciated. Am definitely open to consider other styles/colours. Many TIA! :P

Ferro is a hard color to find--it was one of the most popular colors when it came out a year ago. On the BV website, there should be a phone number to call--you can ask if any bags in Ferro are left and what styles they are.

I don't believe you would regret buying a Veneta in black or Ebano (dark brown) or any of the seasonal colors.

Congrats on your new wallet! I love the Turbolence color!

Thanks for the advice! Everyone here is so helpful =)

Has anyone ordered from Jomashop before? What was it like? Anyone from Singapore can enlighten me as to how long shipping will take? I've heard that customer service can be quite bad and I'm terrified of my bag getting lost in transit.

I tried to upload pics of my wallet as attachments but my files were apparently too big. How do I add pics as url? So sorry am new to all this.

I've not ordered from Jomashop after hearing horror stories. I've ordered from Bluefly and had items shipped through Comgateway. Took about 2-3 weeks. Shirise ships directly so takes about 2 weeks or less. If you pay UPS expedited it takes only 5 days.

I've not ordered from Jomashop after hearing horror stories. I've ordered from Bluefly and had items shipped through Comgateway. Took about 2-3 weeks. Shirise ships directly so takes about 2 weeks or less. If you pay UPS expedited it takes only 5 days.

It was a horror story indeed. They sent me the wrong bag 3 times, and refused to reimburse return shipping. I had to finally file a Better Business Bureau complaint and repeatedly call JomaShop. It took six months for a final resolution. The prices there are attractive, but you certainly pay a price in frustration and aggravation. Worst customer service and most disorganized place I've ever dealt with. :tdown::tdown::tdown:

i've bought 2 bags from them. First bag was ok, though it took some three weeks, if not a month, before the bag finally reached me. Second bag, they sent me the wrong colour, but since I also liked that colour, I accepted the bag. It also took them about a month to ship the bag to me (via expensive UPS!), and I had to send like 3 emails to check on the delivery.

So yeah, horror stories abound. But many people have also said good things about them in this forum, so I'm not entirely sure. And Jomashop sometimes have really good deals, like 30% off, or bags that you can't find anywhere else. So it's a tough call.

Oh dear...I actually just placed an order for a Ferro Roma. Now am getting abit worried. Been in contact with a Joe Rich from Jomashop and so far communication has been pretty good. My order has been authorized and just awaiting shipment. Joe has told me that it should take a couple of weeks to reach s'pore. *fingers crossed*:sad: Really hope they at least send the right colour cos I dun think I want a Roma in any other than Ferro.

I've only bought one BV from Jomashop and both the right bag arrived and it really didn't take any longer to receive here in Canada than items purchased through BlueFly (I can't remember the exact timing, but it was less than 2 weeks). So it doesn't have to be a horrible experience and fingers crossed that is what happens for you too, sngsk. (They did end up charging me the wrong price, but they corrected it the same day once I pointed out their error.)

And - most importantly of all - congratulations on the Ferro Roma! A wonderful first BV!!

Thank you all for all ur kind words and advice. Really really appreciate it. :P

It seems monday is a legal holiday in the US so looks like my bag won't be shipped till tuesday at least (which is wednesday s'pore time) :sad:

My order status now reads authorized but my shipping status reads PendingPaid :confused1: Anyone have any idea what that means?

I have no experience in ordering from Jomashop, but just crossing my fingers for what would be an AWESOME first BV - a Roma in FERRO!!! What a beautiful colour!

Will be checking this thread for pics! :heart: