First Boutique Visit-- Help Me Pick My New Bag, Pretty Please?

Which bag for my first LV Boutique Visit?

• Monogram Neverfull PM

• Monogram Speedy 25

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 26, 2007
Hey all! So as you know I'll be making my first visit to LV (Troy, Michigan) in a couple of weeks, and I really want to walk out with a nice LV purchase since it's my first trip. So I have to decide between two bags.

Right now I have a monogram Sonatine, a Pochette Accessoires and a Damier Speedy 25.

I've always wanted a Monogram Speedy 25; it's been on my wishlist for years. I am just REALLY picky about patina and I'm afraid once the handles start to darken I won't carry it as much past a certain point-- my Reade PM and Monogram Sonatine are proof of that, as I stopped carrying them once the honey patina darkened up. AND I already have a Damier Speedy 25, which is my favorite bag next to my new Hermes bag; I love how classy and elegant it is, perched in the crook of my arm. And I love the fact that there's no patina to worry about!

I don't have many shoulder bags left, really, and I'm very interested in the Neverfull, as it's similar in shape to my one remaining shoulder bag, a Coach signature stripe tote that I use at football games and such. I love the shape and style of that bag, as well as the long straps and being able to toss it over my shoulder.

So my question is, which should I choose? The Neverfull PM or the Speedy, and why? Do they hold comparable amounts? I never fill my Speedy 25 up all the way when I carry it. What's the downfall to each? With the Neverfull I know there's less vachetta, and therefore less patina, to worry about, but I love the look of the Speedy too.

TIA! :flowers:

Attachments

• p11555466_ph_hero.jpg
    p11555466_ph_hero.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32
  • p10199973_ph_hero.jpg
    p10199973_ph_hero.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 36
I vote for the speedy as well. Primarily because it is such a classic bag...and hey, when the patina gets too dark just sell it (they have good resale)!

The bad thing about the Neverfull is that it is an open top, and people have mentioned problems with the side cinches.

That said, I worry that maybe you have enough handheld-only bags (with your new H)? Have you thought about maybe the Palermo, the Hampstead, the Saleya? Hey, maybe even the Batignolles Horizontal (that is one of the best totes!)!

The BH is soooo tempting, but $600 is going to be at the very top of my price range, hence the two choices I'd picked. That's my concern, is having too many handheld bags! Though, my new H bag does have a shoulder strap! I just don't have it on it.

I would say the Palermo since you have a lot of hand-held bags already. But if you've been wanting the Mono Speedy for this long....that feeling probably isn't going to go away.

Hey Razor,

I usually see you on the H board. Well I do not know if you have a budget in mind . . . but what about the LV Mirage speedy. That way you have the monogram look with no patina to worry about
Just a thought

HI, I am not bragging at all but TRUST me... I have had a lot of LV styles and the Speedy 25 is my pick hands down and is a ALWAYS a got 2 have it for me. It is such a classic and it so comfortable to carry. Speedy 25 is my vote, GOOD LUCK and enjoy shopping at LV.