First Birkin!

PeonyPearl7

Dec 27, 2012
Ok ladies, so I have been waiting on the "right" Birkin for quite some time now. I have poured over the reveals on this page (often drooling) to get ideas and prepare myself for the heart palpitations when I did find my perfect B. I have always been a red fan so naturally, my first B needed to be a shade of red. I have found a 35 Togo in Geranium with PHW or a 35 Clemence in Rose Jaipur with PHW. I know the Rose looks a bit more coral. Anyone have any advice? What about the two leather differences? I want both but since I just purchased quite a bit over Christmas, I need to restrain myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My favorite thing about the H thread is the love and help between all of you. Can't wait to be more of a regular! ;)

First of all, congratulations! Those are two great colors to choose between. Personally, I like the B more structured and with less potential to slouch, so I would go with the geranium in togo.

Either way though, you can't lose. Good luck and I hope to see the fab reveal soon!

First of all, congratulations! Those are two great colors to choose between. Personally, I like the B more structured and with less potential to slouch, so I would go with the geranium in togo.

Either way though, you can't lose. Good luck and I hope to see the fab reveal soon!
Thank you! I feel like I am leaning that way as well. I think the truer red is more me and I would be happier in the long run. And I am with you, I like the structure and that is one of the many reasons I love Birkins.

Cross your fingers for a reveal soon!

i would pick geranium in togo, a true red..togo and clemence are both very durable leathers and recently i can't really tell the difference between the two leathers..

Thank you all SO much for your advice! I definitely am thinking the Geranium in Togo now also. I have looked at over 100 pictures of both and I love the way the Geranium looks against neutrals and colors alike. I appreciate all the help! Hope to have a reveal soon! :woohoo:

Hi there! I just got a b35 in geranium and Togo!! It is amazing, althought I can't compare to Clemente as I only have a b35 in vache trekking which is really structured and makes ,e think Togo is slouchy!! I'm in favour of the geranium!! Can't wait to see your reveal :smile:

For me, always Togo in a 35. I do have one 35 in clemance but I will not buy this leather in this size again. Too slouchy for me. If you like your Birkin structured, def go with Togo. But to bear in mind that Togo is only marginally rigid than Clemance in some cases.