First Birkin. Opinions on color/leather

herehere

O.G.
Jul 20, 2011
Hi everyone! I have been shopping at hermes for a few months now for bracelets, women and men's (for my fiance) shoes, twillys and a gold evelyne. I was asked a couple of months ago if I was ready for my first birkin/Kelly and of course I said yes. I said I was pretty open to most colors (I'm not afraid to wear colors and hermes does colors best).

Well, fast forward to now, I've been offered a 30 togo Birkin in anemone with PH. So now I've been frantically doing research for 2 days on leathers and colors because well I need to make sure I LOVE a bag of that price. I've basically read all the reference threads.

It seems that the best leather for me will be togo. I am kinda hard on my bags so I need something scratch resistant and that won't blister immediately in rain (Seattle --but wouldn't use it in actual rain). I also want tho birkin to hold its shape. 30cm helps with that and since I'm 5ft tall it seems like the appropriate size for me.

As for color... Obviously I thought about black but everyone seems to start there and it seems like a bag that is very serious in black. I don't want a gold one as my evelyne is gold. Etoupe seems too casual and not as much as a statement for a first piece. Blue won't do as I wear blue jeans (various shades) way too often. I was thinking of a really dark red but Rouge H seems too brown in togo. My other thought was purple as it is my favorite color, I like Raisin and Prune but they seem super dark in togo leather.

Anemone seems like a great option and I really do like it but I'm scared I'm gonna take it and then regret it because it is the first one I've been offered. But then again it seems versatile enough to be dark or bright in different lighting or be styled up and down. I'm not sure, I won't be able to buy another bag in like a year after this one so I wanna make sure it's love.

I am really love Anemone color, especially it is size 30. If I were you, I would go for it asap :smile:. I think Anemone not too dark purple so you can use it alots from young age to old.

Hi everyone! I have been shopping at hermes for a few months now for bracelets, women and men's (for my fiance) shoes, twillys and a gold evelyne. I was asked a couple of months ago if I was ready for my first birkin/Kelly and of course I said yes. I said I was pretty open to most colors (I'm not afraid to wear colors and hermes does colors best).

Well, fast forward to now, I've been offered a 30 togo Birkin in anemone with PH. So now I've been frantically doing research for 2 days on leathers and colors because well I need to make sure I LOVE a bag of that price. I've basically read all the reference threads.

It seems that the best leather for me will be togo. I am kinda hard on my bags so I need something scratch resistant and that won't blister immediately in rain (Seattle --but wouldn't use it in actual rain). I also want tho birkin to hold its shape. 30cm helps with that and since I'm 5ft tall it seems like the appropriate size for me.

As for color... Obviously I thought about black but everyone seems to start there and it seems like a bag that is very serious in black. I don't want a gold one as my evelyne is gold. Etoupe seems too casual and not as much as a statement for a first piece. Blue won't do as I wear blue jeans (various shades) way too often. I was thinking of a really dark red but Rouge H seems too brown in togo. My other thought was purple as it is my favorite color, I like Raisin and Prune but they seem super dark in togo leather.

Anemone seems like a great option and I really do like it but I'm scared I'm gonna take it and then regret it because it is the first one I've been offered. But then again it seems versatile enough to be dark or bright in different lighting or be styled up and down. I'm not sure, I won't be able to buy another bag in like a year after this one so I wanna make sure it's love.

I have an anemone B in togo and am in love with it. It's my first and only B and goes with everything. It's such a stunning, yet neutral, color that can truly be worn for 4 seasons. Togo is the best leather if you want a workhorse bag. I hope you get it -- it's such a beautiful color and you will not regret it.

Anemone is an awesome first birkin color. Well, it's an awesome birkin color no matter which number. It is one of the best colors from H, so I highly doubt you can make a mistake with this.

cassis fjord ! holds shape super resistant beautiful neutral but dark since you can be hard on your bags and the fact is evening night its black as in not bright . day time you get a lovely show of color, both the color and leather are available since i got my 35cm as an offer from my SA not an order i very much suggest this combination of leather and color