First Birkin - looking for color suggestions + dilemma: neutral vs bold?

Buy the color you love. Or wait for the color you love to be created, since you’re having a hard time envisioning how the bag will work with your lifestyle anyway.

But in general—Which color would you buy if the earth was going to be destroyed by a giant asteroid a month later? Choose that one first. Easy. Our hearts are a lot smarter than our heads sometimes, and these bags are too expensive to settle on a ho-hum color you aren’t excited about. That’s depressing even to think about. If you crave red, buy red. It’s a great ”neutral.” Unless you wear a lot of orange, I can’t think of a color it wouldn’t enhance.

But if a B is too showy and has to be hidden by a color you don’t really like, you might need to rethink the B entirely and choose a less showy bag. (I don’t think B’s are that showy, BTW.)
Your posts always make me laugh in a good way. Full of good advice too.

My first: a B35 in turquoise with GHW…remarkably it goes with everything but it is definitely not ‘under the radar’! I LOVE it. My B25 is in bleu nuit which is a great neutral. Now I’m (somewhat) patiently awaiting a B30 which could be craie or bambou or a rouge. H makes so many beautiful colors so you can’t go wrong but you should pick the color that makes you smile every time you see it…sounds like vert amande might be that color for you.

I would suggest as someone else said, Blue Nuit. I love it! I have a Birkin, Evelyne, Picotin and Constance To Go all in Blue Nuit. To me it's the perfect neutral. Personally I would not want to invest in a bold color Birkin. I would be worried I would tire of a bright/bold color.
How do you feel Blue Nuit is with black? I'm about to make a new wishlist and am torn between Blue Nuit, Noir ( safe, but maybe dull, as I have a black Kelly that I adore!) and Vert Cypress, which I think will be better with my mostly neutral wardrobe of black and white than Blue Nuit, although I do adore that colour. What to do!? lol :confused1:

How do you feel Blue Nuit is with black? I'm about to make a new wishlist and am torn between Blue Nuit, Noir ( safe, but maybe dull, as I have a black Kelly that I adore!) and Vert Cypress, which I think will be better with my mostly neutral wardrobe of black and white than Blue Nuit, although I do adore that colour. What to do!? lol :confused1:
I love Blue Nuit with black. I originally wanted Noir with rose gold hardware. My SA called me when Blue Nuit came in with rose gold and I was instantly in love! She suggested that it might be better for my casual lifestyle and she was right. But I know what you mean about Vert Cypress. It's beautiful as well. I was offered a Birkin Touch in Vert Cypress. Sadly it came in the day before I was to pick up my Special Order Kelly, so I couldn't justify the cost of both. But I think about it as the "one that got away"!

TBH, I've always felt conflicted about wearing black and navy together. I got my B25 in bleu nuit while we were in Paris for a month last fall and my wardrobe for the trip was black. I definitely wanted to carry my B so I got over my discomfort with wearing them together but, back at home, I've reverted to my old ways and almost never carry it if I'm wearing black. I'd have much less of an issue with Vert Cypress I'd think...green and black would look stunning together!

TBH, I've always felt conflicted about wearing black and navy together. I got my B25 in bleu nuit while we were in Paris for a month last fall and my wardrobe for the trip was black. I definitely wanted to carry my B so I got over my discomfort with wearing them together but, back at home, I've reverted to my old ways and almost never carry it if I'm wearing black. I'd have much less of an issue with Vert Cypress I'd think...green and black would look stunning together!

Apparently wearing black with navy is a French thing so therefore, like all things French: Gauloises, the Eiffel Tower, French fries….it’s fine.

Here's something else to consider. If your heart is with a fun lighter color but think darker is more practical, what about a lighter color in a water-resistant leather (togo or clemence)? Then you could potentially wipe away any marks with water if noticed right away.

• Thanks
Reactions: Senselle
Gorgeous! May I ask what this color is called? Thank you.
THis is a Rose azalee in swift. i bought a Stamp A preloved from a reseller. good condition and i loved how the swift works out. its my first H bag. i was told by a friend. buy a colour u love, like what @periogirl28 suggested. And it works wonder. i match it with white and blue shorts, etc. i nvr felt that it wasnt matching. and i dont think its loud. Its like for people who knows the brand, and the B, they know it. and for those who doesnt its really just a nice pink bag :smile:

I love Blue Nuit with black. I originally wanted Noir with rose gold hardware. My SA called me when Blue Nuit came in with rose gold and I was instantly in love! She suggested that it might be better for my casual lifestyle and she was right. But I know what you mean about Vert Cypress. It's beautiful as well. I was offered a Birkin Touch in Vert Cypress. Sadly it came in the day before I was to pick up my Special Order Kelly, so I couldn't justify the cost of both. But I think about it as the "one that got away"!
Thank you so much! You've given me a lot to think about. I usually give my SA the exact specs I want, and have been really lucky so far to get that exact bag, so want to be sure I put the right bag down on my list. :tup:

Reactions: coloradolvr
THis is a Rose azalee in swift. i bought a Stamp A preloved from a reseller. good condition and i loved how the swift works out. its my first H bag. i was told by a friend. buy a colour u love, like what @periogirl28 suggested. And it works wonder. i match it with white and blue shorts, etc. i nvr felt that it wasnt matching. and i dont think its loud. Its like for people who knows the brand, and the B, they know it. and for those who doesnt its really just a nice pink bag :smile:

It’s gorgeous. Enjoy it in good health!

• Love
Reactions: newloveforH
I'm the same. I find it really chic on others, but for some reason I never grab for a navy bag when I wear black. I think vert Cypress is a winner as its an interesting colour, as opposed to black, yet pairs well with black and navy.