first birkin bag - please give me your opinion

Apr 26, 2009
Hello All!
Currently I was thinking of bying a birkin that I would use for a very long time. I am 27 years old, and wear most of the times more neutral colours like grey, black, white, creme, but also terracotta and royal blue. I found that the classic birkin colours (black, gold, etoupe) would fit better than the flashy ones. So I ended up deciding on a 35 etoupe birkin PHW. Could anyone give me his personal opinions on whether I met the right choice?
Thank you for your inputs!

I love etoupe w/phw and after years of lusting and waiting, I broke down and bought one. The color is lovely and it goes great with all the colors you mentioned.

I'm hearing that you're unsure about this bag. If YOU don't adore it, then it's not the bag for you! Think long and hard about whether you truly love this bag - WAY to expensive not to love.

India said:
I'm hearing that you're unsure about this bag. If YOU don't adore it, then it's not the bag for you! Think long and hard about whether you truly love this bag - WAY to expensive not to love.

That's true India, because after wanting one for so long and finally getting it, only to carry it once is not a good feeling. I wear black pretty much everyday and thought a little color would be a good change, especially after viewing all the action shots. I gravitate more towards my black 35 Birkin.

Etoupe is a gorgeous, year round choice. Have you tried it on IRL to be sure you like it with your skin tone? I love it and would like to get one for my next B, but YOU need to love it. Personally, I think it is a great choice! Best wishes!

Thank you so much for your inputs!
did anyone travel with their B? for me it will be the bag I will use "full time", which means travelling too. did you experience dangerous moments or pickpocketing? the bag is expensive and I live in a safe area, but while travelling I would like to prevent it from being stolen or damaged...
Thanks again!

Etoupe is a gorgeous, year round choice. Have you tried it on IRL to be sure you like it with your skin tone? I love it and would like to get one for my next B, but YOU need to love it. Personally, I think it is a great choice! Best wishes!

Thank you for your input! Indeed I tried a 35 B in black. The size seemed to fit me well. At this moment I knew I wouldn't like to have a B in black, neither in gold. Etoupe was available only in the "jypsière" model, and I loved the colour.