First Balenciaga--white hobo--need advice!!!!

jayge

O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
I bought a white hobo at Barney's over the weekend. It is absolutely beautiful and the leather is not as crackly and veiny as the darker colors which I didn't like. However, I am obsessing about the white color as I tend to use my bags everyday and not change them. That having been said there was a pale, blush color hobo that I'm debating over and also am trying to figure out if it is calcaire.

I need someone to tell me what to do!!!! Over the longer term I am starting a bag collection and have ordered the large black muse and have my eye on a vertical batignolles.

Caclaire is gorgeous! BUt I absolutely love the white!! But with any white bag, you run the risk of it getting dirty. I think Apple Garde is supposed to help, but not sure. Maybe some of the other ladies that own white can chime in and let you know how they protect them.

jayge, if you saw the rose colored hobo at Barneys, most likely it was the Spring 2006 pale rose. Calcaire is from last season and you aren't likely to find it for retail anywhere right now. However, they do pop up on eBay from time to time.

I don't own a white b-bag, but like jag said, you will run the risk of getting any white bag dirty. So if you are looking for an everyday bag that you don't have to worry about babying, the white might not be the best choice for you. Balenciaga's white is pretty stark, so I think that makes it even slightly harder to care for. I am personally a huge fan of the hobo style and don't think you can go wrong with any color in this style (well, I would not get the rust in the hobo, but that's just a personal preference). There are lots of great white bags out there, some that would probably require less attention than the Balenciaga. One of the things that I love about b-bags is that they come in such a wide array of colors. Balenciaga has been producing a white every season, so you might want to think about getting one of the other current colors that won't be available come fall. Good luck!

Congratulations on your large Muse. I am a BIG fan of the Muse. I hope you enjoy it. I think it is a bag that you will be able to use forever.

hey ya
i think white is a great colour! but i think you'd have to get some of that bag protector stuff! if you really love the white then i say keep it and just protect it with stuff but if you're not loving the colour then search for a new colour :smile: its hard - but white does come out every season :smile: good luck!

i am on my second white balenciaga. i paid a small fortune to have the the first one professionally cleaned and the leather never felt the same to me, so i sold it. now, i just use my new white one in rotation so it doesnt get too dirty. just enjoy your bag!!!!!!!!

helenNZ said:
hey ya
i think white is a great colour! but i think you'd have to get some of that bag protector stuff! if you really love the white then i say keep it and just protect it with stuff but if you're not loving the colour then search for a new colour :smile: its hard - but white does come out every season :smile: good luck!

I took your advice. I tend not to rotate my bags frequently so white is not for me at this point, at least not a Balenciaga. I exhanged it for cornflower and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'm done obsessing about this bag!!!