First Balenciaga. New or Pre Loved?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am looking to buy my first balenciaga. I am leaving the LV world for a while. I need color and leather.
    I have my heart set on a city Rose Thulian in rose gold.
    Should I hold out for a pre loved one or get it new?
    Seems like that color is hard to come by.
    I don't mind buying pre loved as long as it is in great shape.
    I want my first B bag to be gorgeous and a great experience.
    Seems like there are way too many fakes out there.

2. That color isn't a current season color so buying new would be hard.

3. They have them at neimen Marcus online.

4. I bought new for my first B Bag. It was nice to have the experience of going in and picking out exactly what I wanted, and also to know that if I brought it home and changed my mind (before using it, of course) or if there were any issues with the bag, I could return or exchange. I fell in love with that specific color and knew I had to have it, it was a current season so it would have been a while before it popped up pre-loved. It also helped because I was able to establish a relationship with a sales associate who still helps me out. Good luck with whatever you choose.

5. I'd buy new. My first Bbag was new. Same as rainneday, I valued the experience of going in a store, picking out the exact bag I would bring home, etc. It would also eliminate your concern on authenticity.

If the color is hard to come by, you can always try talking to an SA. I think rose thulian is fairly recent, so it should not be too difficult finding that color.

Best of luck on your purchase! :biggrin:

6. I think I am going to buy new. I want the ultimate Balenciaga experience.

What do you all think of Rise Thulian? My wardrobe is very basic; jeans, neutrals, lots of black.

I don't want a black or brown bag right now. Have enough.

Can rose Thulian be worn in winter?

7. Have you seen RT in person? It's not red, It's a very deep pink.

I think it would look fine with your wardrobe, but it's not a color I would wear in the winter. At least not often. It's too summery looking for me.

8. I bought mine pre-loved as my first bal. I wanna try out and c the leather, so not willing to pay full priced and glad I got an almost new used Bal bag at a reasonable price.

RT look pinkish, not exactly red. Sweet pink?

9. I just got my first one and it was new, but was on eBay. The seller had bought it for an event and never ended up using it so I got it for a good deal. If you can find a good seller on eBay, you can get great deals on new ones.

I doubt you'd find a good priced new RT, though, so if they have it at NM online, I'd do it there. My American Express gets 3% cash back there, too, so if you would be putting it on a rewards card, you'd be saving some $$.