First Balenciaga , HELP!

reddishpink

Aug 3, 2010
Hye Balenciaga experts out there :smile:

I'm having a dilemma at the moment. Im realllllly thinking of buying a Bbag!! But help me decide which one?

Which bag do u guys prefer the most? Balenciaga Town (i saw online and there's this gorgeous red Bal Town bag and I'm so in love!) , City or Giant City?

What about Motorcycle First? Is it as popular as other model? How is the size?

And, where can I get the cheapest Bal ? In Europe or in US? Any opinion? I myself is studying in Germany, but i do have contacts in the US, so was wondering if I should get this bag from the States or from EU ..

Did Balenciaga ever go on sale??

Thankss!!!

Xx

I am a huge fan of the Giant City in black! I would think that a Bal bag would be a bit cheaper in Europe rather than the U.S. but it's worth checking out the prices in both locations. Good luck with your choice!

Bal Giant City - the original Giant Hardware, if still possible. You can always get a regular hardware bag, but I'd go Giant before it's really phased out and gone.

I've seen some comparitivey unpopular Bals - papier bags, fabrics - along with accessories on sale at Holts a couple of times. Bluefly also gets Bals pretty often, but they had a big superfakes scandal, so caveat emptor.

Bal Giant City - the original Giant Hardware, if still possible. You can always get a regular hardware bag, but I'd go Giant before it's really phased out and gone.

I've seen some comparitivey unpopular Bals - papier bags, fabrics - along with accessories on sale at Holts a couple of times. Bluefly also gets Bals pretty often, but they had a big superfakes scandal, so caveat emptor.

--You said it! These bags are hot - so be sure to do some research- especially on how to tell a fake from an authentic bag!
Wendyslookbook on YouTube has a great video- but her bag is older so one of her points is no longer valid on the newer bags- still worth a watch!

Good Luck- I also am looking to buy my first--

I actually liked the style of the town a lot, but was really turned off by the long strap since I'm on the shorter side (and I prefer bags to be hung on the crook of the arm or hung on the shoulder, not crossbody). I ended up with the giant city in anthracite which is soooo beautiful :biggrin:
The bag is pretty heavy by itself, but I dont mind it :P

And the first looked a little small to me, but that's just preference.
As for "cheaper".... I bought mine through HGbagsonline (there's a whole thread dedicated to it floating around here somewhere) and the selection is limited so you have to be patient, but it is cheaper than retail.

Goodluck!

Got to say I'd lean towards a Giant City, especially as giant hardware is on its way out. Many ladies advise that newbies start with a city. I started with a work, but that size is not for everyone. The city holds enough things, but if you prefer a smaller bag, then I guess the Town may be for you.

Good luck.

I actually liked the style of the town a lot, but was really turned off by the long strap since I'm on the shorter side (and I prefer bags to be hung on the crook of the arm or hung on the shoulder, not crossbody). I ended up with the giant city in anthracite which is soooo beautiful :biggrin:
The bag is pretty heavy by itself, but I dont mind it :P

And the first looked a little small to me, but that's just preference.
As for "cheaper".... I bought mine through HGbagsonline (there's a whole thread dedicated to it floating around here somewhere) and the selection is limited so you have to be patient, but it is cheaper than retail.

Goodluck!

I am looking at the Giant City in Anthra also-
Will it comfortably hold wallet, makeup pouch, and an Ipad?
Just want to make sure it is big enough for what I want-

Thanks for your help-

I am looking at the Giant City in Anthra also-
Will it comfortably hold wallet, makeup pouch, and an Ipad?
Just want to make sure it is big enough for what I want-

Thanks for your help-

I usually carry a large wallet, a makeup bag, my phone, and some gloves in mine and they all fit comfortably. The ipad fits but it has difficulty standing up straight in the bag, and it makes the bag look a little lumpy, so I usually avoid putting it in there.