First Bal Bag and Not Really Feeling It

CSTAR

Apr 13, 2008
So I've been stalking this forum for a while now salivating over getting a Balenciaga bag. I was undecided about which bag to get, either the Weekender Bag in Black GSH, A Day Bag in Black with GSH and a Courier Bag.

As a mom of three little babies, I was on a hunt for an everyday black LARGE bag to hold everything including diapers, wipes, change of clothes, baby snacks, my wallet, makeup pouch, keys, water bottle, cell phone, camera, ipod and small toys.:nuts:

So I went and ordered the Courier Bag in black and it arrived today and I honestly loved the size, it is huge and that is what I was looking for but uhm...the style is rather plain and boring. Also I am not too sure on the slightly shiny crackled/worn leather look either. I guess for the price I was just expecting a little more style but this bag is rather plain so I am disappointed in that fact and probably will see if I can return it or sell it but I don't know cause the size is just right.

I love love love the RM Nikki Hobo. It has a lot of style and personality but it isn't quite large enough.

Bummer you aren't feeling it!

Ironically I just got my first BBag and I am in lust. I can't stop thinking about what color to get next. The leather really is delicious - maybe black wasn't a good choice for your first one? They have so many yummy colors.

CSTAR I'm sorry you're not wow-ed by your new Bal. It IS a lot of $ to spend on something that isn't exactly what you want. I'm sure a lot of people love that style/color but if it's not for you, I think you should return it and continue in your quest for the perfect everyday bag!

Did you get the Courier with RH? I just got a city with GSH in Black and find that the GSH makes the bag STUNNING and really really complements the black. If you got the RH and are dead set on black, maybe you should look at a style with GSH?

Did you get the Courier with RH? I just got a city with GSH in Black and find that the GSH makes the bag STUNNING and really really complements the black. If you got the RH and are dead set on black, maybe you should look at a style with GSH?

The Bal SA told me that the Courier doesn't come with any hardware and sure enough it didn't.......just plain zippers with the tassles

So I've been stalking this forum for a while now salivating over getting a Balenciaga bag. I was undecided about which bag to get, either the Weekender Bag in Black GSH, A Day Bag in Black with GSH and a Courier Bag.

As a mom of three little babies, I was on a hunt for an everyday black LARGE bag to hold everything including diapers, wipes, change of clothes, baby snacks, my wallet, makeup pouch, keys, water bottle, cell phone, camera, ipod and small toys.:nuts:

So I went and ordered the Courier Bag in black and it arrived today and I honestly loved the size, it is huge and that is what I was looking for but uhm...the style is rather plain and boring. Also I am not too sure on the slightly shiny crackled/worn leather look either. I guess for the price I was just expecting a little more style but this bag is rather plain so I am disappointed in that fact and probably will see if I can return it or sell it but I don't know cause the size is just right.​

I love love love the RM Nikki Hobo. It has a lot of style and personality but it isn't quite large enough.​

Sorry that you didn't like your first bbag purchase but I personally have always thought the courier in black was rather a boring bag. Nothing fun and hip about it and you can easily find a black bag with more omph, you know what i mean? But either way I think maybe you should try out a work. It's plenty big for what you mentioned plus it comes in the giant hardware plus tons of colors that will easily make anyone color happy.:P

Or maybe try out the brief. It's a rather nice sized bag and it is slightly larger than a RM Nikki. Here are a couple of pictures....

For reference Whitney Port is rather a tall girl at around 5'7 I think...so this bag may look abit normal-ish on her but for a short person this bag is rather a good in between size. Plus it'll definitely carry around what you mentioned and perhaps abit more too.;)

Oh and maybe take a look around the reference library to see the work, brief, step, and weekender styles! goodluck! :yes:

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 161
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 177
If it doesn't work for you, you should return it. Seriously. Get something else. I use one of those huge Fendi totes as my diaper bag.

What about the Part-time? I use mine every day, it can be worn crossbody using its shoulder strap and its on the bigger side, yet not so "deep" as the Courier so its easier to find your things. I think if you get a color you might be happier, al my bals are color and I wouldnt have it any other way!! I'm 5'3" and I have 2 kids, so I'm always carrying lots of stuff. Also I like the hobo &/or the Day, but its harder when you need to put it down somewhere. That always leaves me puzzled!

Attachments

• violet_pt_sofa.jpg
    violet_pt_sofa.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 87
  • inside_my_pt.jpg
    inside_my_pt.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 105
that is such a shame but you need to return it for something u love .. ive just received my first GH bag and i much prefer it to the normal hardware ... it gives the bag some real personality ... and i like shiny stuff ;)

Agree with the others..too much to spend on a bag you don't love..I think you should return it and either give a different style a try or find another bag altogether...

So sorry to hear you are not in love with your bag :sad: You should definitely send it back and get another. Bal bags always come in different types of leather - some are really soft and some are really dry and then there are some that are really smooth, some veiny - you have to hunt for something that you like! I have read a lot of the girls send theirs back and ask for a different one in the same style because they didn't like the leather. Why don't you try a different style - maybe the Day? Good luck in deciding x

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't work out for you. I love the courier because it's big and simple, for me it's the shape, size and leather that make it an interesting bag. But yes, it one of the plainest bbags out there. Would you feel differently about it if it was colour? The wrinkly leather, well, that's Bal and if you don't like that you're better off looking at other brands.

I also have the brief and love it. However, it doesn't fit as much as the courier and it's a bit more cumbersome to carry (thinking of your three little ones). With giant hardware it is also heavier than the regular hardware.

For me, with three young kids (BTDT), I'd need a bag that can easily go on the shoulder or cross body and stay there. The brief or work wouldn't do. While the handles fit over the shoulder (not with jacket or coat though) they do slide if you move around too much, pick up kids etc. The part time is a good suggestion but might not be big enough for you.

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect bag.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that! Maybe the weekender would capture your heart! I also think that it is rather important to see/feel the leather on the newer bags as they tend to vary from bag to bag and season to season. I hope you will fall inlove with bbags like all of us have....try and get a feel of the different styles by going to a shop that sells bbags, and feel them and try them on! Good luck!

Kat

Thanks for your kind replies everyone. I haven't giving up on BBags yet but I don't think the Courier is the bag for me. I do love the Day with GSH but it's not big enough for my everyday carry all use.