First Bal - advice please!

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
England
As the title says I'm seriously considering purchasing a Bal and could use some advice! I'm normally a mulberry girl but the brand is almost too well known in the UK now and I'm falling out of love with a lot of the styles.

I'm considering the A4 Papier Zip Around as I love the minimalist styling and think it would be a perfect everyday bag. My only concern is he size of it? I'm 5"5 and a UK size 12... would it look too big?

Would welcome opinions or alternative suggestions to consider :smile:

BalBalGirl

Feb 28, 2017
As the title says I'm seriously considering purchasing a Bal and could use some advice! I'm normally a mulberry girl but the brand is almost too well known in the UK now and I'm falling out of love with a lot of the styles.

I'm considering the A4 Papier Zip Around as I love the minimalist styling and think it would be a perfect everyday bag. My only concern is he size of it? I'm 5"5 and a UK size 12... would it look too big?

Hi Sammiantha!
I own a black A4 Papier Zip Around & I don't think it will look too big on you. As you may know, it is not a structured bag - it is quite slouchy when not too full, so it won't look huge! Also, you can zip the sides up if you want to make it less wide. It is very practical as you can carry quite a lot, but its slouchiness + the very soft leather don't make it too bulky. The below link resembles what my bag looks life in real life.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ml9RfcgUdLw/US9pNvXQ0KI/AAAAAAAAGI0/krM33rrDvak/s640/1.jpg

What colour do you plan to buy it in ? Xx

Reactions: Miss World

Sammiantha

Mulberry Mad <3
O.G.
Mar 12, 2011
England
Thanks for your view and the pic - I do love the look of it! I'm thinking a neutral colour so either black/grey or brown :smile:

Miss World

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
Norge

Hi, i think the bag is meant to look large. The good thing about it is that it slouches when not full, so the bag doesn't look big and bulky. I really want one in grey!

Pollie-Jean

O.G.
Aug 15, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

I would recommend the Papier A 5 . The shape is more flattering , imo