First bag: City or Brief

First bag: City or Brief?

• City

• Brief

Results are only viewable after voting.
The city is more classic, yes.

I don't find one to be more versatile than the other. The brief is easier to carry because it lays flat against the body. I don't have to arrange my stuff inside the brief like I do with the city. The brief is a "throw and go" bag. The only negative for some people is the shape of the brief. (I like to compare it to an hourglass figure although it has also been refered to as bell-shaped.)

I own two SGH briefs and every time I think about sending them off to consignment I reconsider. They are very fun bags!

Ladies, statements are making it even more difficult for me to decide. First I'm leaning towards City, then Brief and now I'm back to City!

Do both bags sit up properly or just flop over? I'm guessing the City sits up properly compared to the Brief as it's shorter in height?

i don't think either would sit up properly because they're bbags :P both puddle unless they're stuffed.. but the city does have a proper base so i'd say it's a little more "structured"

the brief, on the other hand, is a flat bag. size-wise, it's quite a bit bigger so that might also be a consideration for you

i do like the proportions of gh on the brief. i had a vert fonce sgh brief - sold because i found it a little large, but i still think of her sometimes!

good luck and have fun picking!

I love the brief! It's larger in outline than the city, yes, but it's actually not that big because it's flatter (has less depth to it). That means it sits more nicely against the body when carried. First and foremost you need to decide whether you need a shoulder strap. Then it's the city for you. But keep in mind that the brief's handles are longer so it's easier to carry it over the shoulder.

I prefer the brief to the city but I know I'm in the minority here. And I'm also quite a lot taller than you so that's something else to consider. Have a look at the modeling thread -- there's loads of pics there of the city and the brief being carried.

GL, let us know what you decide.

I definitely like structered bags as opposed to non-structered.

Ponypie: I'm not really fussed with bag/hardware proportions as I think both bags are beautiful hehe. I'd be more than happy to get my hands on the colour I want :smile:

Drati: Believe me, I have already checked out the modeling threads for both bags (and I love both)! Thanks for the suggestion though!

I think based on everyone's comments, it's the City bag for me. Now I need to track down a nice tan/brown coloured one with GGH! Ugh.. seems like it's difficult to find?

A few colours I'm interested in are:
Seigle
Automne 2009
Saddle 2008
Truffle 2007
Sandstone
Noix
Mastic
Camel

Any suggestions on where I should start looking?

My first BBAG was a Brief with GGH. I love it. I rarely used it now and usually resort to my city bag. It's only because my city is black as opposed to my brief being a red.