First B30 - croc or not?

Nycgirl813

Oct 10, 2020
I recently started working with an SA (who is fantastic) in NYC. They told me theyre looking for a bag for me in the specs I asked and I'd get it soon not to worry etc...

now I am not sure whether I want it to be special in the dream color (which is how it's looking) or to have it be special in that it's croc and steer things with SA that way...

It'll be my first B and specifically B30. The color that's a dream to me does not come in exotics. I think the smaller bags look silly on my frame (5'8) but not sure if B30 in exotic will be too much (as an < 30 professional).

TLDR; The options are:
1. let my SA do what they will in the next couple weeks and get a regular leather B30 (i'd hopefully get a pave watch with her with the reset :smile: )

2. stress how I want my first bag to be croc, continue shopping, and wait slightly longer for her

Not sure how hard to come by croc is in greens, light blues, light purples.

Do you enjoy croc from other brands, or would this be your first exotic bag? Important I think to understand regarding your concerns about carrying it.

Time-wise it’s always good to wait for what you really want, and there’s no guarantee to timing anyway, so I don’t think that should stop you.

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I recently started working with an SA (who is fantastic) in NYC. They told me theyre looking for a bag for me in the specs I asked and I'd get it soon not to worry etc...

now I am not sure whether I want it to be special in the dream color (which is how it's looking) or to have it be special in that it's croc and steer things with SA that way...

It'll be my first B and specifically B30. The color that's a dream to me does not come in exotics. I think the smaller bags look silly on my frame (5'8) but not sure if B30 in exotic will be too much (as an < 30 professional).

TLDR; The options are:
1. let my SA do what they will in the next couple weeks and get a regular leather B30 (i'd hopefully get a pave watch with her with the reset :smile: )

2. stress how I want my first bag to be croc, continue shopping, and wait slightly longer for her

In my experience, crocs are easier to get than regular leather since the price is so much higher and thus the demand much lower. I’m not sure what’s in production for crocs in light blues or purples but dark greens are definitely out there. If you are serious about purchasing one if offered, I would surely mention it to your SA.

Do you enjoy croc from other brands, or would this be your first exotic bag? Important I think to understand regarding your concerns about carrying it.

Time-wise it’s always good to wait for what you really want, and there’s no guarantee to timing anyway, so I don’t think that should stop you.

This would be my first croc. I've only owned a python bag before. I've read about the care of croc etc., and due to the colors I'm looking for I don't imagine it'll be an every day bag which I don't know if that makes sense for the first, but I do use the heck out of all my bags over the long term..

This would be my first croc. I've only owned a python bag before. I've read about the care of croc etc., and due to the colors I'm looking for I don't imagine it'll be an every day bag which I don't know if that makes sense for the first, but I do use the heck out of all my bags over the long term..
you can get a croc anytime, even from hermes. i would wait for your desired specs in a B30 in a regular leather....it will probably come sooner than you think. :smile:

I would just give the list of all possible bags you want to your SA - like maybe exotic maybe this and that leather. The more options you keep open the better chances of an offer since there are more possibilities for them to do so. Which order you get your bags in won’t matter too much IMO (as long as you do want all of them). When it comes to H offers a lot of it could just be timing and luck, so it doesn’t hurt to let your SA know about all that you are saying here and they will understand. You said this is only your “first” so I assume you will be wanting more (like a lot of us here ;) ) so you can always get whichever happens to come first and then get the next one after! Remember, you can always refuse an offer after seeing it in person and try it on you - sometimes you won’t know for sure until you do (and sometimes you didn’t think you want a certain bag but falls in love when you see it). Give your SA all the options you are thinking about as well as your reservations so they understand & let the H fairy work their magic!

Edit: now that I thought about it, I realized that approach may not be the easiest in certain parts of the world depending on how they offer bags. In that case, if you haven't had a B30 before and haven't had a croc bag before, going with a regular leather first is probably a safer option.

Last edited:
Reactions: olibelli
I would just give the list of all possible bags you want to your SA - like maybe exotic maybe this and that leather. The more options you keep open the better chances of an offer since there are more possibilities for them to do so. Which order you get your bags in won’t matter too much IMO (as long as you do want all of them). When it comes to H offers a lot of it could just be timing and luck, so it doesn’t hurt to let your SA know about all that you are saying here and they will understand. You said this is only your “first” so I assume you will be wanting more (like a lot of us here ;) ) so you can always get whichever happens to come first and then get the next one after! Remember, you can always refuse an offer after seeing it in person and try it on you - sometimes you won’t know for sure until you do (and sometimes you didn’t think you want a certain bag but falls in love when you see it). Give your SA all the options you are thinking about as well as your reservations so they understand & let the H fairy work their magic!

Edit: now that I thought about it, I realized that approach may not be the easiest in certain parts of the world depending on how they offer bags. In that case, if you haven't had a B30 before and haven't had a croc bag before, going with a regular leather first is probably a safer option.

Yes I had given them all my varied specs and wishes, but was getting the feeling they were looking for one that was a regular leather rather than the exotics on my list so wasn't sure if I should sit back or say something. Now that I think about it like you said it's probably safer to go with regular leather as a first - dip my toes rather than jump in :smile: thank you for your advice

I would highly recommend looking at a regular leather bag first. I am one that is about to "grow" into exotics myself, and it's been a good experience getting regular leather bags in variety of sizes to better understand what I reach for the most, what is the most practical for myself, etc. It definitely helps to solidify which particular size I would be looking for in the pricier bag. Exotics can be a very expensive mistake if it's not the perfect fit. As I told my SA, I want to make sure that it's something that I will reach for and use, not sit in the closet, so it's a good exercise. As it is turning out, I swore up and down I was going to want a Birkin touch or a B25 in ostrich or maybe matte alligator, and now I've completely reversed and am likely going to want a K for my first exotic given how I use my bags and the preferences I've developed over time.

TLDR; The options are:

I think you should check-in with your SA and discuss options in colour with her/him.

Regards, whether you should go go for croc. You seem to know and understand your needs/wants in general, IMO you should trust yourself.

you can get a croc anytime, even from hermes. i would wait for your desired specs in a B30 in a regular leather....it will probably come sooner than you think. :smile:
I don’t know about that. It depends on your boutique and the demographic that shops there. Precious skins are in super high demand where I live, expensive as they are.