First B-Bag Purchase Planning!

Jackie, Oh!

Oct 23, 2006
Hi, everyone! I've been craving a B-bag for a loong time, but being a high school student with other needs and wants (e.g., designer denim, shoes, etc.) I've never had the funds for it.. but I've decided to start really saving for one. I'm determined to get one by the end of this year, hopefully by September-ish...

But I need some help!

- Which bag?! (I'm thinking City.. I do want a larger bag to stash all my things, but I'm only 5'0"!)
- What color?! (I looove '04 turquoise but I haven't had much luck finding one, so I'm thinking about getting a vert d'eau, a red, or a white.. I also like the smoother looks as opposed to the more veiny bags)
- Where to buy?! ($1195 is a LOT to spend for me, so I want to make sure I absolutely get what I want)
- Does Balenciaga NY charge tax, shipping, etc.? If so, how much?

Much thanks and appreciation! :heart:

WELCOME to the Bbag family! Since you are in high school still you might want to look into some of the smaller styles since they are a little cheaper. I guess it depends on how much you carry. GOOD LUCK!

welcome! for a first bbag, I would go for a first. It may be small.. but is at least under the 1k mark. (it my first bbag too) also it is very verstaile. It goes from day to night much better than the city. I would advise to stay away from the lighter colors that fade or show dirt easily. 04 turq is beautiful though! be patient you can find one on eBay. Bal NYC doesn't charge sales tax outside of NY area (i think. I never paid tax to CA) and ground shipping is free 7-10 business days.

The city's great (I'm 5ft1.5), but you might want to consider the day too, that's slightly cheaper too.
Balenciaga NY does not charge tax as long as you aren't in NY or New Jersey (I remember reading on this forum that their warehouse is located there) and shipping is free, though it may be over a certain amount.
Neimans is a great place to buy too, though you will get charged for both tax (if you have a Neimans in your state and who doesn't these days!) and shipping, but their return policy is great so if you aren't happy with whatever they sent, it makes things much easier.
and oh welcome!

Congrats on your future purchase! Where do you live? We might be able to suggest a place nearby where you can try on several styles and then zero in on a color.

And BTW, the new Aquamarine looks A LOT like the Turquoise -- look at the thread on that, it has pictures!

thanks to everyone!

I have seen some B-bags around at dept. stores (I live in the Bay Area) but the advent of both tax and unavailability of the PERFECT color is too scary for me..

sooo I've decided to save up for a vert d'eau First.. and crossing my fingers that I'll be able to make a trip to BalNY sometime in the spring, when I should have my $995.. (:

- Which bag?! (I'm thinking City.. I do want a larger bag to stash all my things, but I'm only 5'0"!)
city is great for u :yes: i think u can even pull out a WORK! :P

- What color?! (I looove '04 turquoise but I haven't had much luck finding one, so I'm thinking about getting a vert d'eau, a red, or a white.. I also like the smoother looks as opposed to the more veiny bags)
the vert d'eau is a good replacement for turq 04 :yes:

- Where to buy?! ($1195 is a LOT to spend for me, so I want to make sure I absolutely get what I want)
bal NY, ebay, luisa via roma or aloharag from internet!

- Does Balenciaga NY charge tax, shipping, etc.? If so, how much?
i have no idea :P