First alexander mcqueen piece :d

BobbyLovesLV

Sep 20, 2012
Since about September, I've very much so become fond with the brand Alexander McQueen! Particularly with the runway collections. I was browsing my local saks when I noticed on the sale rack an Alexander McQueen De Manta clutch with a beautiful dandelion design on it. I went over to look at it, finding it very odd to see it on the sale rack. Surprisingly, it was in fact on sale. 30% off. Which made it $315. Initially I found it too strange and not of much interest. Upon me leaving the mall that day, I found myself becoming literally OBSESSED over this clutch. Around a week later, I was in DC browsing a saks there that didn't have this clutch in stock. I immediately called my saks back home to see if I could order it over the phone and have it sent to my house or something like that, unfortunately it had already been sold. I contacted a saks in Beverly Hills inquiring about this clutch as I was told there was one in stock at this location, and did an over the phone order. In the end, I'm very, very pleased to have this in my collection, and it's so beautiful, but also understated as to who makes it. I'm very fortunate to have such a work of art in my collection ☺

image-1999384451.jpg

image-511071717.jpg

image-4044595957.jpg

image-486989426.jpg

image-1897926288.jpg

image-109531314.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I LOVE the dandelion design! That's just brilliant.
And thanks for posting the picture of the corners "up". I've always wondered how that worked on the De Manta.
Many congrats on this unique piece!

NamkhaDrolma said:
Oh, I LOVE the dandelion design! That's just brilliant.
And thanks for posting the picture of the corners "up". I've always wondered how that worked on the De Manta.
Many congrats on this unique piece!

It is brilliant! The whole dandelion theme is just so great to me because most people HATE dandelions. They see them as weeds and nothing of value, and this interpretation brings so much beauty and delicacy to them, it's incomparable.

^^Fantastic!
I was wondering IF you were going to find one and alas - desire and persistence paid off. Congrats and I thanks for sharing with us AND how the dandelion image resonates with you - nicely stated. Enjoy!

dcblam said:
^^Fantastic!
I was wondering IF you were going to find one and alas - desire and persistence paid off. Congrats and I thanks for sharing with us AND how the dandelion image resonates with you - nicely stated. Enjoy!

Oh yes, when I get my heart set on something, that is when I go all out and go on some sort of "conquistador" like quest to obtain it! Lol, I find the dandelion image beautiful also because a lot of people don't like dandelions! They see them as weeds, and as insignificant parts of our lives. This interpretation I think brings out the beauty in the dandelion, especially in this stage since its dead, ready to have all the seeds blown off. Maybe I've just given this too much thought... Lol!